I do not use the FX on my RP500 very often, so I am thinking of selling it and going to buy just 2 or 3 pedals that don't sound quite as digital. I want to get a Digitech Hardwire TL-2, an MXR 10-band EQ, and either the Hardwire delay or the MXR Carbon Copy Delay pedals. I want to get probably $220 for the RP, so I'd have enough $$$ to get the pedals, but first I just wanted to hear some opinions on that. Preferably unbiased, however difficult that is for us UG'ers. Thnx...
The world doesn't revolve around you. If it does, beware. You're probably about to pass out drunk.

The 19 year old who knows his stuff. Most of the time.
I bought the RP 50 years ago and never really got into it as much. I bought some pedals and they've taken over as my main effects.

I just found the RP's controls and stuff too convoluted to be worth it.
Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Ibanez S-470 with Seymour Duncans
Ibanez RG-321
Schecter Damien 6
Art & Lutherie Wild Cherry

Amps:
Kustom 12 Gauge
Quote by fly135
I'd say keep the RP500 until you get a better amp than the FM.

Yeah you're probably right, but til I get the cash for a Soldano...

Any other pedal suggestions? No Metal Zone. I don't like it. Period.
The world doesn't revolve around you. If it does, beware. You're probably about to pass out drunk.

ProCo Rat - Gives a solid classic rock crunch. Crank filter and gain and you almost get a Big Muff.
Big Muff - Smooth fuzz like a sax. Profiles mp3's "Streetwise" and "Loop Noodle Soup" use a Russian Big Muff.
Envelope Filter - for Funk. I have a DOD FX25B and it's pretty cool.
Jeckyll & Hyde - Left side like a Tubescreamer, right side classic crunch like the Rat only a little less bright. Stack them togeather or separate. Tubescreamer side drives other distortion pedals well too.
EHX Metal Muff+MXR Carbon Copy+MXR 10band EQ?