Rockstar
43 54%
Other
36 46%
Voters: 79.
Im at a point in my life where i really should know what I wanna be,

thinking realistically Im going the Audio Engineering Route,

but in my head theres nothing I would love more than to be a Rockstar

Now i cant stand cocky people but Ive been playing and singing for some time now and i can say at least that i dont suck, i got the drive and dedication and creative ability, and i havnt come close to giving up

now i got nothing but musicians reading this, so... to you?

Who else wants to be a Rockstar

and if not, let me know why?
If you want to be a "rockstar", give up now and let someone who cares about music take your place.

If you just want to make music, by all means go on ahead and make music.

CTHEDIT:
Oh and for the record if it's not evident by my post, I don't want to be a rock star, I want to be a musician.
Last edited by UncleCthulhu at Feb 24, 2009,
I don't want to be a rockstar, I want to be one of those obscure prog rock/metal artists.
Quote by Sylvanus
I don't want to be a rockstar, I want to be one of those obscure prog rock/metal artists.

You want to be damn right scary then?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by UncleCthulhu
If you want to be a "rockstar", give up now and let someone who cares about music take your place.

CTHEDIT:
Oh and for the record if it's not evident by my post, I don't want to be a rock star, I want to be a musician.

Elitism makes you super, super cool.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
someone who accually thinks about becoming a "rockstar" in the future, has no chance of having that happen. someone who thinks about producing quality music that satisfies yourself and your band has a greater chance of becoming a "rockstar" than someone who is simply chasing the "rockstar" status for the attention and popularity.
Well it looks like you got what it takes to be a tool, TS. Keep up the good work.

I on the other hand, just want to be a jazz musician. I don't even care if I don't get anywhere with it. I just wanna play and make music.
Quote by UncleCthulhu

CTHEDIT:

Uh, a rockstar basically refers to any kind of musician now days. Doesn't necessarily
mean that they don't care about the music.

I would love to make music with people and play shows and share it with others, but I'm not sure if I'd like to make a living out of it yet.
Last edited by maniac111 at Feb 24, 2009,
people don't grow up WANTING to become rockstars, their talent chooses that path for them.

unlucky.
Quote by UncleCthulhu
Read a dictionary.

Then I repeat, being an elitist makes you super super cool. It's people like you who I think are just despicable on this site. "Oh, the only *real* music is obscure stuff, anyone who wants to be a rockstar doesn't care about the music". If you want to be some obscure artist that a handful of kids go to see, then fine, but don't bash people that aspire to entertain masses and make a living doing it.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
I had the chords under where to play
but it doesn't seem to have turned out that way
All the time spent writing this song
It turned out all cheesy and wrong

Insomnia! I've been up all night
I want every word, every line to sound right
Oh won't you please lend me a hand
I want to sound like my favourite rock n roll band

Hey sure it might sound bad
But it's definitely better then before
Oh the trouble from this is driving mad!
The stress from all the work is making me sore

So won't you please lend me a hand
I wanna sound like my favourite rock n roll band
Something one of a kind, something new
Something like what Led Zeppelin would do

Tried all the tricks you told me to do
But even now I still have no clue
Try after try it never sounds right
A new sheet of paper big blank and white

Oh So won't you please lend me a hand
I want to write a song like my favourite rock n roll band
Something great to be played on the radio
Something to get me playing my first show

I do
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by Kevy Absolution
Then I repeat, being an elitist makes you super super cool. It's people like you who I think are just despicable on this site. "Oh, the only *real* music is obscure stuff, anyone who wants to be a rockstar doesn't care about the music". If you want to be some obscure artist that a handful of kids go to see, then fine, but don't bash people that aspire to entertain masses and make a living doing it.

You don't even understand what I meant, I didn't say I wanted to be obscure I just said I wanted to make music.

I meant that if you want to make music for the sake of making music then go ahead. What I am against is trying to use music just to get rich and famous, rather than to entertain people.
rockstar!

didnt read OP just voted that.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Wow way too many people here are going to be disappointed when they find out they'll have to get a real job.
Quote by Ignite

Once I got out of a pool and it was like 1cm.

Quote by Meths
I think there are few people with a less important opinion on women than you.
I have to admit I've daydreamed about being in a big rock band and being famous and all that stuff. For a long time I was planning on getting a rock band together and playing and eventually getting signed. But that was a few years ago.

Now that I'm in college, a music conservatory to boot, I see much more clearly exactly how things work. The concepts of being signed onto a record label and being well known are no longer a big deal for me. I've personally met many people who've had/has success in music and I realized that there are plenty of ways to go about it. I'm not really interested in the whole rock star thing anymore because it's not really all that appealing and that style of music doesn't do much for me. I'd much rather be a contemporary classical and studio composer. It may not be as glamorous, but it's much more suited for my style.

Quote by meta1militia
Wow way too many people here are going to be disappointed when they find out they'll have to get a real job.

Yep. It's kind of sad that a lot of people still hold the cliche, mythological view of the business of popular music.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Feb 24, 2009,
I'm going towards Sound Design. If I did have a band, I doubt I'd pursue the rock star thing. I'd rather just have people to jam with.
Quote by Fender1424
I wanna be in a good band, not for money, and not for fame. I dont care if I am famous. I just wanna do it because its fun and I enjoy it and I'm somewhat good at it.

+1
maybe I shoulda been more specific, Point Being, who wants to play music for a living

I (TS) would hate to be famous, be ideal would be to tour small venues and being known only (if at all) to the underground, besides its not like half of us write mainstream music anyway, I doubt anyone here will hit massive radio play in their lifetime but thats ok because theres soo much more

I just love performing, and know theres no money in the business, the reward is something more thats what Im aiming for
I don't want to be a rockstar. I either want to teach music, or be some underground tech-prog-jazz-death metal musician who makes a living but isn't amazingly well known. I wouldn't want to be ridiculously famous anyway, it would just get irritating.

Playing small, crowded venues with no barriers to the stage is much more appealing to me than playing at Reading or Download.
Last edited by Oh Shize at Feb 24, 2009,
Quote by Kevy Absolution

+1 I think some people want to become rockstars for stupid reasons but others want to bring good music to the masses
Last edited by Rockgod37 at Feb 24, 2009,
Quote by UncleCthulhu
You don't even understand what I meant, I didn't say I wanted to be obscure I just said I wanted to make music.

I meant that if you want to make music for the sake of making music then go ahead. What I am against is trying to use music just to get rich and famous, rather than to entertain people.

This is another false myth about music. Music is not a sacred practice that's untouchable by most people. At the end of the day, the people who make music need incentive and support other than music itself to be able to keep on making music. In our society, money and stability is the main factor to ensure anyone to keep doing his/her job. Yes, music is a job if one has to rely on it to afford living expenses.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I already am a rockstar!
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by Sylvanus

+1
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
If it happens then it happens
All I care about (Not in life in terms of music status) is being able to play guitar, I'd be happy just knowing that every night when I get home from work I will be able to play like the best
Wouldn't mind a band to jam with though
Quote by Sir Anonymous
I'd call you a crazy Brit, but your username seems to quite assure your sanity.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Epic username of pure epicness

To: Jesus=ConArtist