So there is a little monthly show in my school that comes on. basically people can audition toshow their talent to everyone else (no it's not a talent show, there is no winner, it is just a fun show we do).

So my band did it last time, but on REALLY short notice. So we chose the easiest song we knew (polly-nirvana) and played the show. Now we have no idea of what song we can play for the next show. The thing is, it has to be a song that sounds good without drums (we cant bring our drummers drumset all the way to the school for time and space reasons). I was thinking something probably from either Pink Floyd, System of A down, to even possibly Pantera.

Do you have any ideas of a gigworthy song that would sound good without drums?
If you have a good singer, I suggest More Than Words
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
Led Zeppelin, something like Going to California, That's the Way or Tangerine.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
is anyone singing?
MY DESIGN/PHOTOGRAPHY TUMBLR
Quote by SEALSniper1152

If you take a jar, and whisper what you want to hate into it, then close the jar, coat it in crunchy peanut butter, and shove it up your ass. I'm pretty sure you could hate everything after that.
Catfish blues? if it ain't your style then sorry , i should ask really, what do you play?
Pink Floyd will probably have something your looking for, first thing that comes to mind is of course - Wish you were here. Well known song, very easy. but the other bands not so much. Only thing I can think of off the top of my head is the cover Pantera did of "Planet Caravan"
or maybe "Suicide Note Pt. 1" but I can't remember if theres drums in that or not.

Edit: There are drums in Planet Caravan but they are bongos.
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
Quote by Karl198
Catfish blues? if it ain't your style then sorry , i should ask really, what do you play?

mostly metal, but I love pink floyd, and early pioneers of metal. I was probably thinking Aqualung by Jethro Tull
"For What It's Worth" by Buffalo Springfield.
The original version has drums, but it would still sound decent without them.

"Norwegian Wood" by The Beatles
Only has finger cymbals I believe.
Quote by Hellish_Wolf
Pink Floyd will probably have something your looking for, first thing that comes to mind is of course - Wish you were here. Well known song, very easy. but the other bands not so much. Only thing I can think of off the top of my head is the cover Pantera did of "Planet Caravan"
or maybe "Suicide Note Pt. 1" but I can't remember if theres drums in that or not.

Edit: There are drums in Planet Caravan but they are bongos.

wish you were here is probably one of my top choices, I was also thinking of Die, die my darling (not metallica cover)
Quote by bchig
not system, they're very drum-intensive

I was thinking BYOB or Hypnotize from them, BYOB probably wont work. Hypnotize maybe
Quote by Random3
hypnotize could work w/o drums, but you can probably find far better songs than that

yeah, it is not SOAD's best song, how bout question?
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Do an acoustic version of a Radiohead song or something.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Play some Dylan.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Quote by notsojoeyb4eva
Play some Dylan.

This

Do "Mr. Tambourine Man"

Wait, it's a school thing? Do "Rainy Day Women", it's very appropriate for school.
Bush - Glycerine
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
if your singing you could do something by Tenacious D since they have minimal drums...
Viking/Folk Metal Group <--Join!
Quote by telemonster
I dont get the whole EMO thing.....kinda like vountering to get your ass kicked.

Quote by Night_Lights
What idiot puts Randy Rhoads and Dimebag above Hendrix in any guitar list?
Quote by Guitarlord44
well they were both better than hendrix