Hi everyone. Great forum by the way. I have been playing on and off for a long time now and would like to buy my first acoustic/electric guitar. My question is, which are the best choices for about $500? Looked at a few but I really dont know much about what to look for. Any input is greatly welcome. Thanks in advance, Jimmy
ive got a Norman B18 CW, i got it as a present so im not sure how much it costs but it has an in built tuner (sososos handy) and sounds reeally great.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Sorry, I guess I should have been more specific. I play mostly "cover" songs of pop/rock hits.
I would suggest either a Simon & Patrick or a Norman as well. They're made by the same parent company(Godin) and the actual guitars are made in the same factory as well. They sound very well balanced. Not too bright, not too bassy, but plenty warm! I was fortunate enough to be able to play a Simon & Patrick guitar all last weekend. The guitar costs less than $400CAD, but that thing seriously sounded good. The electronics should also be suitable for most people's needs.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Hi everyone, after going to many stores and playing many guitars, I fell in love with a Takamine EG360SC. Found it brand new at my local music store and played beautiful. The action sound etc. was exactly as I was looking for. All in all, I payed $580.00 for the guitar and hardshell case. Pretty good deal as GC sells the same guitar for $599.00 with mo case. I am in love now!
Nice! I went guitar shopping with my friend and he eventually picked out the same guitar as well. It plays nicely and sounds good.
Equipment:

Better yet, go out to a shop and try out the guitars.

you're asking for our opinions, so if I told I believe that the Gibson ES335 was the best acoustic-electric guitar, that might be the case for ME, but NOT FOR YOU. So go try some guitars out.
My Gear:
Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Vintage '70s Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah
Boss DD-6
Quote by toojayz
Hi everyone, after going to many stores and playing many guitars, I fell in love with a Takamine EG360SC. Found it brand new at my local music store and played beautiful. The action sound etc. was exactly as I was looking for. All in all, I payed $580.00 for the guitar and hardshell case. Pretty good deal as GC sells the same guitar for $599.00 with mo case. I am in love now!

Pics for us? Please?
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

Quote by toojayz
Thanks, I'll have pics up tomorrow evening! Thanks guy's

Awesome, thanks! And welcome to UG
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

Okay, I got the guitar home today but I can't seem to figure out how to upload pics. Keeps telling me files are too large. Any suggestions?
how large are the files? you can post them by uploading to somewhere like imageshack.us
Equipment: