Restringing my Schecter Diamond Series tonight and while the strings were off the bridge fell off. Now as daft as this sounds will this affect anything?

I put it back on and restrung but the bridge seems to be at an angle. I never touched the screws which go into the wood for string height adjustment and it's maybe been like that before but will this cause problems?
no
Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
those mounting post screws turn so easily, that's why i like to restring my TOM bridge guitars one strings at a time. if it still plays fine, in tune/no fret buzz, just leave it. if there's problems though just raise the bridge back up/or down a bit till it seems normal again.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by mikeyElite
those mounting post screws turn so easily, that's why i like to restring my TOM bridge guitars one strings at a time. if it still plays fine, in tune/no fret buzz, just leave it. if there's problems though just raise the bridge back up/or down a bit till it seems normal again.

When I'm looking at the bridge/saddles compared to the rest of the guitar it does seem to be at an angle though. I'm presuming it's probs always been like this? I'm probably fretting over nothing.
Hopefully you out it back on in the same direction! Usually with Tune-o-matic style bridges 3 saddles face forward and 3 saddles face rear! The height may have changed slightly too, as sometimes the knurled adjustment wheel or posts turn very easily when not loaded down with the string tension. You should learn how to check and do your own basic setups, its worth the time.
Moving on.....
Quote by KenG
Hopefully you out it back on in the same direction! Usually with Tune-o-matic style bridges 3 saddles face forward and 3 saddles face rear! The height may have changed slightly too, as sometimes the knurled adjustment wheel or posts turn very easily when not loaded down with the string tension. You should learn how to check and do your own basic setups, its worth the time.

Yeah it went on the same way as it came off. I have noticed that the post is now leaning towards the guitar more slightly. As I said it could have been like this before. Anything to worry about?
if the bridge is tilted, click the green link in my sig, look at the first post.
it shows how to adjust a bridge's height.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011