Hi, I was wondering if I could hook up my Marshall G10 MK II practice amp to a cab. Doesn't matter what size a cabinet, I just want to make it louder. I only know amp basics, so can you guys help me out?
Quote by Kensai
Hipster.

I have a name. It is Mitch.
Hooking it up to a cab won't make it much louder.

It will just increase the headroom.
Guitars:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Fr
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Seymour Duncans
Avalon Gold series acoustic
ESP LTD 7-string

Amp:
Marshall 100DFX
Peavey Valveking 212

Effects:
Boss GT-10
More speakers = more air being moved = greater distribution of sound. Not exactly louder, but it comes off much stronger in an open jam space. People will be able to hear it much more clearly. It will appear louder from that, but by physics it supposedly is not. It's greater headroom, so it could seem louder, but technically is not.
A much better way would be to get a new amp if the 40 watts isn't cutting it. Is your amp tube or SS? I'm not familiar with that model tbh.
More speakers = more air being moved = greater distribution of sound. Not exactly louder, but it comes off much stronger in an open jam space. People will be able to hear it much more clearly. It will appear louder from that, but by physics it supposedly is not. It's greater headroom, so it could seem louder, but technically is not.
A much better way would be to get a new amp if the 40 watts isn't cutting it. Is your amp tube or SS? I'm not familiar with that model tbh.

I'm pretty sure it's a solid state. See, I'm having this problem because ever since I got my Big Muff, I have to turn off the boost because it sounds horrible with the boost on, and the boost makes it WAY louder. I'm thinking of getting a 100w combo amp, but I just want to go over my options. And, you're probably not familiar with the model because I got it in 2001, and it's been discontinued since.
Quote by Kensai
Hipster.

If you want louder get a bigger amp theres not going to be some huge increase using a cab with the current amp.
Ok, thanks for your help!
Quote by Kensai
Hipster.