I recently purchased a HBE Mos Dos Dual Boost. It has the sound I'm looking for with lots of saturation and lowend but at a cost of noise. I have a Maxon OD-9 and I love it but the loss of lowend and mid boost arent what I want for my rythym playing. I need a quiet, saturated, transparent boost with good lowend retention. Does such a boost exist? Please show me oh great UG...
You could ge an EQ and boost the frequencies your looking for
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Yeah

EQ is the thing your looking for.

=)
Guitars:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Fr
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Seymour Duncans
Avalon Gold series acoustic
ESP LTD 7-string

Amp:
Marshall 100DFX
Peavey Valveking 212

Effects:
Boss GT-10
Quote by ShredGod George
You could ge an EQ and boost the frequencies your looking for

Quote by S.Y.N.
Yeah

EQ is the thing your looking for.

=)

He already has the mxr 10 band.
███████████████████████████████████
you need a lot of saturation added from your pedal? if not, i recommend a fulltone fulldrive II, which can do a clean transparent boost, tubescreamer boost, or tubescreamer - mid hump boost. it has available dirt, but not a ton i don't think.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
nah im pretty sure all fulltone pedals have a lot of volume boost (therefore plenty of gain boost) available...the OCD has 30 ****ing db
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
the more gain you add, the more noise you will get unfortunately.

its just one of those trade offs you'll need to fix with other means such as, higher quality cables (they have better shielding usually, signal remains more or less the same) noise gates and guitar shielding can help a lot too.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by slash_rocks2005
you need a lot of saturation added from your pedal? if not, i recommend a fulltone fulldrive II, which can do a clean transparent boost, tubescreamer boost, or tubescreamer - mid hump boost. it has available dirt, but not a ton i don't think.

I don't know about you, but my FD2 has plenty of gain for it being an overdrive.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
zVex Super Hard on. The most transparent boost I have ever played, and some serious dB on it too.
i'm not saying the FD doesn't have much gain, i'm saying it does have as much as some more gain oriented ODs. I know the OCD has a tad bit more gain than the fulldrive II.

i think maybe my words were misinterpreted...
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by slash_rocks2005
i'm not saying the FD doesn't have much gain, i'm saying it does have as much as some more gain oriented ODs. I know the OCD has a tad bit more gain than the fulldrive II.

I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Modified Bad Monkey used as a clean boost

I have one and really want to mod it for awhile now. I think I asked you months ago and you finally gave it to me. I guess I need to do it. Do you have a parts list and schematic you could email me? I suck at soldering last time I did tried I screwed up a DS-1 by lifting up one of those thin strips. I do want to learn so I'll try again.
Quote by slash_rocks2005

Is the OCD the pedal I want? What about a Xotic of sorts or a Keeley? I want the pedal with the most gain and lowest noise.
tons of gain from a pedal isn't necessarily what you want...that'll involve less true tone of your amp. i personally believe that your AMP should do the majority of the work, including producing whatever your gain needs are, and your pedals should just accentuate the tone. if you need a pedal to increase the drive a lot, then maybe you need a different amp.

nonetheless, fulltone OCD is a little more simple and tad bit more hair, but the fulltone fulldrive II is just as nice if not nicer.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by Titans36
I have one and really want to mod it for awhile now. I think I asked you months ago and you finally gave it to me. I guess I need to do it. Do you have a parts list and schematic you could email me? I suck at soldering last time I did tried I screwed up a DS-1 by lifting up one of those thin strips. I do want to learn so I'll try again.

Heres the info on the mod...
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/IbanezPsycho/blog/53932/

As for soldering issues get something around the house that is broken and start removing and adding parts till you get the hang of it. It lifted because you applied to much heat for a extended period of time. With a high heat iron you have to get in there do what you have to do and get out quick.
Ibanez can you point me in the right direction to what capacitor I need? Theres so many and Im not sure which to get! I need more direction in this process...LOL...Im pretty sure the led is just a 5mm? Correct?
Quote by Titans36
Ibanez can you point me in the right direction to what capacitor I need? Theres so many and Im not sure which to get! I need more direction in this process...LOL...Im pretty sure the led is just a 5mm? Correct?

Sure, just hit me up in my profile and send me a message with your questions and ill be glad to guide ya in the right direction.