I was recently watching the video to Hello John Whats your name again by the Devil Wears Prada, and noticed he was using a schecter diamond j bass (the bassist obviously). I wanted to know if anyone played either the Diamond J or Model-T.

Im kinda intrested in buying a new bass and loved schecter guitars.

I always liked the looks of Fender j Basses, but i always liked the Growl i get from Schecters. so i wanted to know if anyone played one of these. let me know
Double bumps are sometimes not appreciated so I'll help.

I also kinda like the idea of a fender-looking schecter. Anybody had experience?
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Schecter is one of my favorite brands because the cost vs the quality is so effective. You can get an amazing tone from mid range Schecter basses that you would have to pay 500 or more to get similar sounds from other brands. Schecters are also very ergonomic and look pretty nice as well.

The Diamond Bass is one of these basses. You get a very strong presence from a bass that costs alot less than it could. Maybe I'm a bit partial to them though....
Clamdigger of the Bass Militia, PM Dinkydaisy to join
Some say a comet will fall from the sky...
Don't bump like that. We are not immediate responding, this is a forum, and a bass forum at that.

I've tried and gigged with a lent Schecter, great sounding and built bass. Not for me, but I recommend it. Very modern tone and extremely easy to cut through the mix. Fast and comfortable necks also.
I wanted a schecter Stiletto Extreme, 4 String, in Black Cherry - saw it for £249, went to phone up in disbelief of actually finding a retailer in the United Kingdom, "No, we dont stock them anymore."

Omfg.

But yeah, lead guitarist from my old band had a Schecter GUITAR. Can't remember the model, but he swore by schecter - if only I could find his phone number and ask where he got it from. *Deep sigh*
I played a Schecter recently at Guitar Center (don't remember the model offhand, it was retailing for around $550) and it felt like a brick sh*thouse. Solid with lots of great body resonance; I popped a couple notes and it felt like I was being kicked in the chest!

Great bass imho
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Quote by IndianRockStar
I can vouch for the Stiletto Series. They are great basses that completely outclass the MIM Fenders. But they'll probably become more expensive for 2009...

already are. my bass cost me 500 2 years ago... now it is worth 800 and thats after the price drop from guitar center
blemonese of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by camhussynec
Its like getting anal for the first time. It hurts like hell but eventully ull get used to it and itll feel fine

Thanks for nothing
Schecter Stiletto Studio 6

***drooool!***

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3
Quote by Garou1911
I played a Schecter recently at Guitar Center (don't remember the model offhand, it was retailing for around $550) and it felt like a brick sh*thouse. Solid with lots of great body resonance; I popped a couple notes and it felt like I was being kicked in the chest!

Great bass imho

schecter custom 4 i believe, ive also played one when i was in the us, it was wonderful, i loved the neck and tone. also it weighed like nothing! great bass shame i was broke at the time.
I like em I was playing one with inlays of females.
Quote by FbSa
^That's it! No other idea will even come close to that one. Joetime get's a pizza!
Does anyone know the one I'm talking about? I'd like to get it.
Quote by FbSa
^That's it! No other idea will even come close to that one. Joetime get's a pizza!
Quote by Joetime
Does anyone know the one I'm talking about? I'd like to get it.

well I played that model when I was looking for the Stiletto bout a year ago and its a great bass like the other people above me said Schecter are great instruments
My church owns a 5-string Schecter. Aye, 'tis quite nice.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
The Model-T bass is the bass used by Robert DeLeo of STP, and it sounds phenominal. TOo bad there's no 5-string model.
Clamdigger of the Bass Militia, PM Dinkydaisy to join
Some say a comet will fall from the sky...
I bought a mint used Schecter C-4 for $275 off craigslist the other day.. It's freaking AWESOME! And alot lighter than my Fender J Bass, but definately not as light as the Ibanez our old bass player had.. anyways Schecter freakin owns for the price! I wish I still had my Shecter C1 Hellraiser FR... but traded straight across for a Gibson Les Paul Studio
I Use a five string stiletto elite in black cherry. Its beautiful, and the tone is way beyond what i payed for it new

they are great basses