Nooooooo you'll blow it.

Guitar amps only go down to an A note usually. A below E. Before they start to struggle.
Yea, but its not good for your amp.
You could blow the speakers
plus it will sound like ****
I'm FAT!
Yes, but dont do it at loud volumes. In fact, play at LOW volumes.

Bass damages guitar amps.
Quote by Chikao42
Nooooooo you'll blow it.

Guitar amps only go down to an A note usually. A below E. Before they start to struggle.

What the **** are you talking about?

You do understand the concept of octaves right?

Quiet you.
just make sure it an MG or Spider so you don't mess up anything decent....
Quote by dm1925
texas ftw!
we're saving the world, one zombie at a time

Quote by ThePastRecedes
Yo Bob Dylan, I'm really happy for you an I'm gonna let you finish, but Jimi Hendrix had one of the best versions of All Along the Watchtower of all time!
Quote by zakky_s
just make sure it an MG or Spider so you don't mess up anything decent....

Wow, ftw.

But like everyone else is saying. It'll sound like ass and you will more than likely mess your amp up. Personally. I wouldn't.
Quote by paranoideyes
introduce her to the back of your hand.
Quote by saphrax
Remember kids.
Backhand = Discipline
Palm hand = Abuse

Quote by McShredder
What the **** are you talking about?

You do understand the concept of octaves right?

Quiet you.

A2, which is considered extremely low for a guitar (an octave below the A-string in standard tuning), is as low as most guitar amps are made to go to.

The A-string on a bass in standard tuning is A2.

Basically TS, it'll work, but don't play any notes below the fifth fret on the E, and even then, be careful 'cause it might damage the amp still...

It won't sound good though.
what happens when you play a bass through a guitar amp is the low frequencies move the speaker so far that it pushes the cone out of the tube that holds it
Luna Andromeda dragon bass
Schecter Omen Extreme
Fender strat
Fender Labrea electic/acoustic
Peavey tour 450
Peavey tour 410/115
Galien-kruger Backline 600
Black Heart BH15h
Gibson Les Paul gold top (Knock off)
you can get a peavey max 126 for a measly $70. definitely worth it if you're going to get into bass, it's a nice little practice amp and it gets pretty loud.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
It'll hurt the speaker is all. It won't 'blow up' or anything like that, it'll just damage the speaker.

It will not however, sound good. But if you have to hear what you're playing and you keep it low then it'll work until you can get yourself something else.

I've used a crappy 10W Yamaha starter amp (guitar) to play my bass through at times, but only out of necessity and the fact thats its a crappy amp. I wouldn't attempt it with anything thats of any value to you.
Quote by Free
It'll hurt the speaker is all. It won't 'blow up' or anything like that, it'll just damage the speaker.

Um, yeah, you know.. blowing an amp = damaging the speaker..
------
Guitars -
Epiphone Zakk Wylde Custom (Aged Ivory Bullseye)
Jackson DXMG Dinky

Amps etc. -
Line 6 Pod X3 Live w/ speaker system
Marshall MG15DFX Practice Amp
Um yeah well blowing an amp isn't exactly an scientific diagnosis but allowing room for colocalisms I reckon most people would consider it to mean that it had harmed the electrics in some catostrophic way.
The people who say it will blow obviously ain't tried it. I used a 65watt laney guitar amp as my band practice amp for about 2 years. It sounded fine...i even did recordings with it. Some bassists use guitar heads on bass cabs as well.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help Bunny gain world domination by copying and pasting him in your sig or webpage.

ANDY!!!
Quote by Andy2k64
The people who say it will blow obviously ain't tried it. I used a 65watt laney guitar amp as my band practice amp for about 2 years. It sounded fine...i even did recordings with it. Some bassists use guitar heads on bass cabs as well.

true... My bassist use it on an 10 watt amp and play it full volume all times . Though it did not blow the amp, it still sounds like crap