budget: $250-350

gigging within a year, so it needs to be loud. have a distortion pedal, but wouldn't mind onboard effects (especially good distortion so I don't need the pedal). (want to) be playing tight rhythm guitar (don't worry - bout to upgrade the pups in the V- thinking emg 81/85?). lot's of pinched harmonics in the riffs, so they have to be heard. biggest thing is tight, defined riffing.

would like an amp that is consistently approved of... some people love their ravens, some hate them, some people love their peavey vypyrs, others hate them, same with the spyders and marshall MG's. Takes me 2 hours to get to a guitar center, not a single decent guitar shop in my town, so I can't head up there without a narrow list of 2 or 3 specific amps to try out.

any ideas?
ugh. can you go used? nearest major city? you'll want to lose the MT-2, and unless you end up with a tube amp, EMGs are pointless.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Forget pickups, put your pickup money with your amp budget.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Unlikely you'll get anything worthwhile for the money, maybe invest the EMG money into the amp too and get a 5150 or a Randall RG50TC
ohai little sig.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Forget pickups, put your pickup money with your amp budget.

+1.

Don't judge me.
Quote by Demonikk
Unlikely you'll get anything worthwhile for the money, maybe invest the EMG money into the amp too and get a 5150 or a Randall RG50TC

A used 5150 is great value and sounds awesome. You can also wait for the 6505+ combo coming out soon.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
im just curious how much would you guys pay for a 5150 combo? Im in the market of buying one and Id like to know an acceptable price range
Whats the longest word?

Quote by timzee117
smiles

because theres a mile between the two s's!

/killme
Depends on the condition. I think between $550 and $800 is fair.

Don't judge me.