i want to go for recording arts...not too sure thats what its called haha ive juts always known it as "working in a recording studio" lol....

so what colleges are good at this type of thing? can i go basically anywhere and get this degree?

i was thinking about going to ball state but i am unaware if they have a program like this.....any ideas?
The majors that deals with working in a recording studios are usually Music Production & Engineering, Sound Engineering, etc.

There are a limited number of music programs that offer the technical aspects of music as a major.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
ok well....ball state has an amazing music program so i might check into that to see if they have a sound enginering program

EDIT: lulz im not good enough for berklee :p
I don't think a music engineering program is all that common.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by guitarockstar99
ok well....ball state has an amazing music program so i might check into that to see if they have a sound enginering program

EDIT: lulz im not good enough for berklee :p

Berklee is not necessarily hard to get into. It's just very selective and after you're fully studying your concentration it becomes very intensive. But it does have one of the best MP&E programs there is, with fully current and high class recording facilities. You may want to give it a try if MP&E is what you really want to do.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Feb 24, 2009,
Ask your music teachers. They'll know alot more then the f*cking God damn bloody Pit
yeah but with any major college, like berklee, you would need to be really smart all around...not juts at music...like i cant do math....thats all there is to it...so if i go and take a calculus class juts because they make me and flunk it but im really good at the music classes.....ya know?
Quote by guitarockstar99
yeah but with any major college, like berklee, you would need to be really smart all around...not juts at music...like i cant do math....thats all there is to it...so if i go and take a calculus class juts because they make me and flunk it but im really good at the music classes.....ya know?
I believe Berklee doesn't hold it against you if you're GPA is less than desirable.

Don't quote me on it, however.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Quote by Just Andrew
I believe Berklee doesn't hold it against you if you're GPA is less than desirable.

Don't quote me on it, however.

They'll take any momo with enough money, knowing how to play an orchestral instrument is a bonus.
Quote by guitarockstar99

No. Berklee is a conservatory. They don't expect academic excellence from your secondary education. But because it is an accredited school, it requires the students to take liberal arts courses.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by ccam555
Berklee, Full Sail, too lazy to google, eh?

Some teacher from Full Sail came to talk to my computing class last week. It looks REALLY cool. I would look into it if I was into that stuff.
You know I'm not sure if they have a "working in a recording studio" course but I've heard plenty of good things about that Devry college...then again these things were said by my fast food attendant....maybe you shouldn't apply to Devry on second thought.