So I'm messing about a bit with my laptop and I was wondering if it is possible to have like several pictures that keep alternating in your background. Since it's getting rather boring looking at the same thing all the time. Would it be possible with a GIF or something like that?
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
yeah i was thinking this the other day!
Is there like a program you can download that changes the picture every day or something.. like awesome scenery or some shizz?
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Apple icon > System Preference > Desktop and Screensaver > Change Picture Every [choose every 5 seconds, every minute, every 5 minutes, every 15 minutes, every 30 minutes, every hour, or every day]

Easy
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by Karvid
Apple icon > System Preference > Desktop and Screensaver > Change Picture Every [choose every 5 seconds, every minute, every 5 minutes, every 15 minutes, every 30 minutes, every hour, or every day]

Easy

Lol, this.

You'll want to search a freeware downloading site for this, not The Pit.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by Karvid

Easy

Your elitism fails to amuse.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Idunno if this is what yer looking for but desk top earth is pretty cool, it changes a satalite style view of the earth as if live.
http://www.download.com/Desktop-Earth/3000-2049_4-10513308.html

"Desktop Earth is a wallpaper generator for Windows. It runs whenever you're logged on and updates your wallpaper with an accurate representation of the Earth as it would be seen from space at that precise moment.

Images are created from high-resolution textures (2560x1280) so it's perfect for that QSXGA display - but they work on anything, even on SVGA. There is an image for every month to accurately depict snow and foliage changes, and the night view is simply stunning."
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Quote by Karvid

Easy

Or get the plugin that allows you to set the Flurry screensaver as your desktop background. That always looks pretty pimp.
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
On OSX it's a basic option. On Windows you'll need to find a theme modifier program.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by -February-Star-
Your elitism fails to amuse.

Elitism? I'm not promoting Apple products, I'm just saying how it's done.
You wouldn't say that somebody's an elitist if they're giving directions on how to do it on Windows...
Quote by Chrisiphone
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Its lame.
a Gif image would work provided you animate it with Imageready. I've seen people put gifs of anime boobs bouncing as their background on Windows XP :P
PSN: Chris_P_Chikin
mind you, I have windows(vista ). Plain GIFs won't work btw.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Last edited by FretboardToAsh at Feb 24, 2009,
Quote by Xiaoxi
On OSX it's a basic option. On Windows you'll need to find a theme modifier program.

I'm pretty sure that my brother's first computer back in the day (Windows 95) had that option. Why'd they take it out?
Quote by Chrisiphone
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Its lame.
I found a program that does it on Windows a few weeks ago, but I decided it was a pretty wasteful use of resources for a picture I look at for less than 5 minutes a day.
Quote by Karvid
I'm pretty sure that my brother's first computer back in the day (Windows 95) had that option. Why'd they take it out?

It was too cool. They needed to take the coolness down a notch or 5.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by alkalineweeman
Idunno if this is what yer looking for but desk top earth is pretty cool, it changes a satalite style view of the earth as if live.
http://www.download.com/Desktop-Earth/3000-2049_4-10513308.html

"Desktop Earth is a wallpaper generator for Windows. It runs whenever you're logged on and updates your wallpaper with an accurate representation of the Earth as it would be seen from space at that precise moment.

Images are created from high-resolution textures (2560x1280) so it's perfect for that QSXGA display - but they work on anything, even on SVGA. There is an image for every month to accurately depict snow and foliage changes, and the night view is simply stunning."

this seems pretty cool but I haven't got it to work just yet.
UG's Flamenco Club
Quote by Karvid
You wouldn't say that somebody's an elitist if they're giving directions on how to do it on Windows...

No, but TS clearly doesn't have a Mac. It's an incredibly simple procedure to set up a slideshow background on a map, he wouldn't need to ask on a forum how to do it.

I dunno, it just seems like you saw this thread as an opportunity to have a sly dig at Windows from your high Apple horse.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Quote by Karvid

Step 1: Install Service Pack 2
Step 2: Reboot
Step 3: Install Service Pack 3
Step 4: Click "allow"
Step 5: Reboot
Step 6: Install service Pack 4
Step 7: Windows will automatically reboot; don't let it or the process will start over
Step 8: Delete viruses
Step 9: Click "allow"
Step 10: Click "allow"
Step 11: Click "allow"
Step 12: BSOD

Now THERE'S some elitism.
You're*