So, since my old NES got thrown out/sold/whatever happened to it a long time ago, I've been wanting to get a 'new' one.

I found one on Craigslist for 50 dollars. It includes the system, all the hookups, 2 controllers, and two games. Do you think I should go for this, or is it too much? I'm really not sure right now.

And where would be a good place to buy games? I don't mind buying online but I prefer buying in person more.
i gave up on trying to get old systems, now i just use emulators
I already have emulators and roms and crap, but they're just not the same. I want the actual thing.
dude, it's a NES. it's worth it's weight in gold

SNES is my all-time favourite though
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
Quote by fretsonfire74
Buy it. I would. Speaking of which, I want to buy an N64.

Long Live Mario 64!!
Look on ebay dude there's loads on there, there used to be anyway when i last looked.
Get it
R.I.P. Lester William Polsfuss June 9, 1915–August 13, 2009
Quote by Moggan13
I'm dissapointed by the lack of penis.

If anyone sigs that, i'll fucking kill them.
Quote by Kensai
I'm a good person and I never meet any pretty girls who loves jesus
hahahahahhaahahhaha!!! i have an nes with 2 controlls and everything and like 6 games including the gun and duck hunt! =D
Quote by neverspoiled
Long Live Mario 64!!

And MarioKart64.... And Goldeneye..... and StarFox 64..... So many great games. *sniff*

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by bendystraw
Nashville Electric Service?

My dad almost took a job there.

80th best UGer
Quote by lawlerskater
What games besides the classics (SMB series, contra, LOZ...) should I get?

Megaman 1-6.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
Quote by freedoms_stain
Emulation.

That is all.

No. That is not.

I probably wouldn't, not $50. Then again, I only paid $3 for mine. You've gotta remember that the chances are pretty good that it'll crap out soon. What about the FC Twin? Are those supposed to be any good?
You're*
DO IT, except talk them down to $30 or something. But those things will give you hours and hours and hours of entertainment. Jackal anyone?
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Its way overpriced, but you sould totally get it. be nice to the poor soul who has to now live forever without a NES!
Quote by hmblm12
Its way overpriced, but you sould totally get it. be nice to the poor soul who has to now live forever without a NES!

Yea, but on amazon, they are around 40-45 dollars for everything included. Then with shipping it's around 50.

Could someone link me to a webpage or something that I can use when negotiating?
I still have my nes. Two controlers, two light guns, even the floor pad.

I think it really depends on the games. Mike Tysons punch out still goes for like 20 bucks on ebay.
Quote by StageLife30
they now have aftermarket systems that play nes games. theyre really cheap. like 40 bucks. theres also some that play both nes AND snes.

*waits for heads to finish exploding*

http://videogamekings.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=2442758

here's one of em

No, that's going for 60 dollars. I really don't care about having the SNES with it either. And I kind of want the original NES itself and not a knockoff.
You should try going to your local pawn shops... I found a Sega Genesis with a ton of games on it. and an Atari ][
sim simma

who got the keys to my beema
Quote by lawlerskater
No, that's going for 60 dollars. I really don't care about having the SNES with it either. And I kind of want the original NES itself and not a knockoff.

well thats the fastest example i could find on google. ive seen the nes only consoles for 30

and if you just want the nes itself for the nostalgic purpsoses. then go for the craigslist one.
Last edited by StageLife30 at Feb 25, 2009,
Quote by lawlerskater
What games besides the classics (SMB series, contra, LOZ...) should I get?

Air Fortress.

Google it if you're awesome. And I think you are judging by the fact that you're getting a NES.
Emulator.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by SteveHouse
And MarioKart64.... And Goldeneye..... and StarFox 64..... So many great games. *sniff*

I loved ALLLLL of those games. The only 64 game I was uber disappointed with was the Castlevania game that was released for it. It sucked....
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it.

-Voltaire

So it is written.
Quote by lawlerskater
I already have emulators and roms and crap, but they're just not the same. I want the actual thing.

It really sucks if you play them with your keyboard, but you can modify SNES controllers so that you can play GBA/SNES/NES/Whatever roms in your comp. It completely owns
Fender Jaguar -> Polytune -> Diamond Compressor -> Timmy -> OCD -> Big Muff -> Line 6 M9 -> Sonomatic Cheddar -> Spark boost -> Fender BDRI
I don't like emulators... simply because it doesn't have the same feel as playing the actual thing. I mean why would you want to just sit there staring at your monitor just playing some old ass game :P
sim simma

who got the keys to my beema
Quote by freedoms_stain
Emulation.

That is all.

Keyboard.whit guitar sounds?

it's just not the same=P

you could look around at garage sales and thrift stores might find an old one there.
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Quote by SteveHouse

...and OoT.

How could you forget it? How could anyone forget it?

-wipes a tear-
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Is N64 realy that nostalgic?
dont get me wrong i loved Goldeneye,Occarina of time,but they dont seem that old maybe in about 5years ill get that Nostalgic feeling for it
---
Oh if you get the NES you gotta get some really crapy games just so you can relive the frustrating moments as you had as a kid
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Last edited by Nexium at Feb 25, 2009,
Quote by Nexium
Is N64 realy that nostalgic?
dont get me wrong i loved Goldeneye,Occarina of time,but they dont seem that old maybe in about 5years ill get that Nostalgic feeling for it

OoT came out in 1997... That's over 10 years ago, man.

I wouldn't say it's nostalgic though, since nostalgia implies you've been a long time without something which is untrue for OoT, since I complete it at least once a year.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."