So i'm going to buy a new acoustic over this year, looking at a taylor DN3 or DN4. Then i wandered into this section. Could I get a sound close to or equal to the quality of a taylor for the same price range (1000-2000 USD$). I've never built anything before, but i'm a fairly smart guy and, pretty good at figuring things out.
Quote by shredmeiser101
I tried BAGDAD tuning once, it actually was quite alright.

Quote by Meths
Do you have to actively try to spell words that wrong or does it come naturally to you?

Quote by MedicreDemon
You are very clever.

I invented this literary device I call sarcasm, that was an example of it.
Quote by GU1T4R-H3R0
So i'm going to buy a new acoustic over this year, looking at a taylor DN3 or DN4. Then i wandered into this section. Could I get a sound close to or equal to the quality of a taylor for the same price range (1000-2000 USD$). I've never built anything before, but i'm a fairly smart guy and, pretty good at figuring things out.

probably not. not to doubt you, but guitar making is hard, especially acoustics.

what i would do is buy the acoustic, and have a go at making one with some cheaper materials to get it out of your system.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
i doubt first try your gonna get it sounding better than a $1500 taylor. but in theory, yes. i mean they make them for cheaper then mark up the price and sell em. the wood and parts wouldnt be more than a few hundred dollars
Building acoustics is pretty hard, it takes a lot of woodworking skills. I am doing one right now (after messing up my first one) and there's a lot to it.