Hey everyone,

I have been looking for the 'right' electric guitar for about 7 months now. I've played acoustic for a few years, but this will be my first electric. I like to play everything from blues to hard-rock. My playing style doesn't really consist of any Metal. Now I'm pretty sure I have decided on an amp; the Vox VT50. Now the guitar, I am having a harder decision with. I think I am just being way too picky about this. However, I may have narrowed it down to two.

If you could tell which you like better, and possibly recommend a third, that would be great! Unfortunately, I've been to 5 shops in my area and not one of them stock either of these guitars, so I won't be able to play and compare them before I buy one. I can always return it if I don't like it anyways. If you can recommend a third guitar, my budget is anything under $1,000. I also would prefer something with coil-splitting/tapping. As far as the fretboard, I think I prefer Rosewood, but only because that is what I am used to with my acoustic. However, I could most likely get comfortable with a maple fretboard as well.

Both of these guitars have their upsides and downsides. Sorry for this being so long, most of you probably won't get this far. haha. Let me know what you think, or if you need any more info. Thanks a lot, any help will be greatly appreciated! Here they are:

Schecter PT Fastback:

http://www.proguitarshop.com/product.php?ProductID=852&CategoryID=

Fender Special Edition Custom Telecaster:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Special-Edition-Spalted-Custom-Telecaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=513879
Fender 72 Telecaster Thinline

750$, probably less used

/thread
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
^^^ Not helpful at all!!

Best advice anyone could give you is to go play a whole load of guitars in that price range and get the one that suits 'you' the best.

If you're looking for user reviews then try Harmony Central. That way you may be able to avoid the "Get this it roc0rzzz!!!" posts, like the one above.

Good luck.
Ok, he asked if there was a 3rd guitar that fits his description (everythings a telecaster that hes looking at) and this is under his price range and i KNOW from experience (i own it) that this is a good guitar.

How is that not helpful?

Also, this guitar is common at guitar centers, so he can try it out.
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Quote by John5rules125
Ok, he asked if there was a 3rd guitar that fits his description (everythings a telecaster that hes looking at) and this is under his price range and i KNOW from experience (i own it) that this is a good guitar.

How is that not helpful?

Yeah it's not too bad, I have looked at that online a few times. I wonder if the price went up because musicians friend lists it at $939 now. I remembered it being cheaper I thought. Yeah, I see it on another site for $699. Where are those made? So you like yours a lot? When it lists the guitar as having vintage sized frets, does that mean they are smaller? I have really large hands and fingers, haha, so I worry about that. Thanks man.
Quote by John5rules125

How is that not helpful?

That would have been helpful.

But the way you originally phrased it was not helpful at all. And I'm sure, looking back that you realise that. It just made you look like a 12 yr old kid who'd only ever owned one guitar and decided that it was the greatest and only guitar in the world.

Had you included your rationale in the original post it would have been a worthwhile suggestion to the TS.