Hey All,
I'm putting together a sweet OLP MM1 that I've pieced together from eBay purchases.
I'm installing a new Seymour Duncan Invader in the bridge. My problem is that I'm not sure how to mount the pickup to the body!

I've swapped out a ton of pickups on all my other guitars but they all have pickup rings mounted to the top /front of the guitar so it was a no brain-er....

I'm stumped as to how these stay in the guitar?!?!?! Do I just screw it into the pickup cutout??!?! but then I cant adjust the height?!?!?

I know I'm over looking something pretty obvious, so bear with me on this one.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.
Last edited by LTD-live at Feb 24, 2009,
there should be springs or pieces of rubber between the body and the pickup. they should be on the screws, so you can raise and lower the pickups easily.
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by deftonesordie
there should be springs or pieces of rubber between the body and the pickup. they should be on the screws, so you can raise and lower the pickups easily.

Do the screws go directly into the guitar body?
yep. it's called Direct-mount. Common in Rear-routed guitars that don't use pickguards or pickup rings.
------

Shwiggity.
Also found a great tip on sevenstring-dot-org for installing direct mount pick-ups!

"you absolutely can adjust pup height with direct mounts, here's what you do......

get a set of springs like those used in pup rings, then as you are installing them, put the spring between the guitar body and the bottom lip of the pup. works just like a pup ring with no ring.

now if you are talking pups like EMGs 81-7 where the screw is set inside the pup with no lip, just take some soft foam (like the kind that comes in the EMG boxes) and you roll it up like a fattie, i mean uh, cigarette...lol. Anyways, depending on how much pressure you want the spacer to place on the pup, you would cut the length of it accordingly. Once you've cut your piece, place it inside the pup cavity to go between the bottom of the pup and the bottom of the cavity, then install you pup. You'll notice that it is now harder to get the pup to screw all the way to the bottom which is that added pressure of the foam pushing up on the pup. adjust to preferred height and rock out!"