So I will preface this by saying I put it in the guitar forum because I figured more people would read it.

Yesterday I adjusted the truss rod on my Warwick bolt-on corvette. There was alot of bow (im talking lots of space on frets 7-12, and not much near the nut) and there always has been, I just decided I was sick of my action and wanted the neck to be straighter. Now I turned it probably a half turn over 15 minutes, and the tension in the truss rod was alot, despite the neck not becoming much straighter. I got it where i wanted it, bbut when i looked, there appeared to be a slight bit more curve on the E and A side then on the D-G. I looked at all my guitars and basses, and it seemed to my eye that this was the case on most of them, so im not sure if that's an optical illusion or just the way it should be since the bassier strings provide more tension.

I was still paranoid about it today and I took the strings off, and now when I look at it from the headstock or the heel, it seems like the neck is slightly curling towards the D-G side (I cant tell if this is an illusion due to the curvatures or the warwick bodies or the varying heights of the pickups and bridge saddles). its nothing that makes it unplayable, but its a really nice bass and i dont want to spend tons of money re-doing or replacing the neck. So my question is: is there any way to definitively tell if there my neck is warped or twisted beyond taking it to a lutheir? I would also like to know the difference between the two, something which hours of lurking multiple websites hasnt provided me. is a warp just like an irrevirsible and nasty bow in the neck? and is a twist where it is curling like the edges of a scroll?

I hope you guys can give me something to work with, or at least not flame me too bad.
no body is going to flame.

there's a green link in my sig.

click that and measure the neck relief on the Low E and on the High e.

you're comparing the two sides.

check it out and see. and dont leave the strings off that guitar too long
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
just as a clarification, i am talking about a bass. but i did what you said and the distance on both the E and the G strings was the same as far as eye could tell.
yeah bass, i got that.

well, put something under the string. like a credit card a couple of guitar picks.
if they are the same. then they'll measure the same. then i wouldnt worry.

unless there's a bump in the neck somewhere not being measured.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011