I currently own a B-52 AT212 tube amp. While I love the versatility, I'd like to upgrade to something a little bit better. The B-52 doesn't quite have the low end for the type of "Chugging" riffs that are often associated with metal. I would like to find an amp that has more of that type of low end. For Distortion, I'd like to be able to achieve an early thrash tone (Megadeth, Metallica, etc) But also be able to pull off more modern medal (3 Inches of Blood). The clean doesnt have to be perfect but at least bearable.

As for music styles, I play (or attempt to play) Metal, rock, and blues mainly.
All Pedals and gear I own are listed in my profile.

As for the amps I was looking at, there really arent many. The only one I've had a chance to look at is the mini stack that Blackstar amps make.
I'm up for any and all suggestions.
As my one of my old guitar teachers used to say, "Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats."
I think the Roland Cube 60 is great for "chugging" or low, intense palm muted notes. Is it better than the B-52? Probably not, but I got one because it's an extremely versatile amp, and if I need to play a different style it has a great tone for all kinds.
The reason I was thinking the Blackstar was because I actually saw a video on youtube of someone using it for Metal without a pedal. While I don't think it it could quite do the high gain, it did sound like it could pull off an Early thrash sound. If I can find the video again, I'll link
it.

EDIT: Found it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i_aUoanCA8&feature=related
As my one of my old guitar teachers used to say, "Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats."
Last edited by Born A Fool at Feb 24, 2009,
Anyone else have any suggestions or opinions about the Blackstar?