So, I'm getting $1400 for my old amp. I'm getting tax returns and I'm going to probably get another $300-400, maybe even 500. I'm working too and bring in about $100 a week. Basically, I'm thinking of doing two things: Getting a First Act Custom (I'm waiting for my quote to come back) and getting an Ampeg V4 head and running some pedals through it, then down the road picking up some other head, prob something boutique.

Option two: Getting a Bogner Uberschall or a Bad Cat if I can afford it and continuing to run my Jackson and maybe getting an SG or something soon after.

What do you guys all think I should do? Its a really hard decision. haha
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
Friends don't let friends play First Acts...
Super-mega-ultra-neato things should go here!!
First Act customs? Are you kidding me?
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
Quote by Teh Forest King
First Act customs? Are you kidding me?

They are actually really nice guitars.

The guy from mastodon has one, as well as Dave Knudson of Minus the Bear.

I would go with option 1 OP, just because 1st act customs are pretty cool, and the I am a big fan of the V4.
It sounds pretty cool.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

ENDLESS FEEDBACK MANIPULATOR σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
^+1!

Mick, to be honest, you aren't going to get many opportunities for a completely custom built guitar. On top of the money, they can take quite a while as well. Plus the quality/value vs. money ratio between a V4 and Uberschall is ridiculous, the V4 is a much better deal. Plus, the resale value will go up if you decide to sell it later on!

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
^haha! I was waiting for you to go on facebook to harass you about that!
Quote by tarlkea
I'm never a fan of having a custom guitar built for anybody. I much prefer that someone buy something close to what they want and do the rest of the work themselves, but to each his own. I've played with a couple of the high end First Act guitars and they're quite good.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by Teh Forest King

Option two: Getting a Bogner Uberschall or a Bad Cat if I can afford it and continuing to run my Jackson and maybe getting an SG or something soon after.

What do you guys all think I should do? Its a really hard decision. haha

I bet it is.

While option one sounds good, I'll toss in a vote for option 2. It's not a bad plan either.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I'm going to go with option 2 on this one.

Like Kendall said, I'm the kind of person who finds a guitar that is close to what I want, and then I tweak it a bit more to be perfect.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Option two.

Bad Cat amps ftw
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
So, the first act was waaay too much and now out of the question. So here is the new proposal: get a nice guitar (vintage gibson sg, limited edition first act sheena, rickenbacker 650, etc) and run something cheap, like the v4.

Option two is still the same. What do you guys think now?
Quote by tarlkea
Bad Cat Bad Cat Bad Cat!!!!!
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
Bad Cat Bad Cat Bad Cat!!!!!

+1

and you better post a NGD thread!
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
I actually dont think I'd be able to afford a bad cat. I'm looking at getting an Uberschall, another Powerball, a Bogner Alchemist (played one this afternoon, it sounds amazing), a Verellen (these handmade amps that sound badass), a VHT UL, or a Soldano SLO
Quote by tarlkea
Dude, if the custom First Act you're looking at is a DC Lola, go with the freakin First Act.

Freaking sweet holy moses, that is a sweet guitar. I love the Matt Pike 9 string

PS>Let me know how much it runs for for a First Act Custom. WANT!!!
Quote by imgooley
Dude, if the custom First Act you're looking at is a DC Lola, go with the freakin First Act.

Freaking sweet holy moses, that is a sweet guitar. I love the Matt Pike 9 string

PS>Let me know how much it runs for for a First Act Custom. WANT!!!

I'm actually looking at a Sheena:
http://www.firstact.com/Products/LimitedEditionGuitars/Sheena.aspx

Theyre like $999.99 in the studio in Boston. The custom I wanted was going to be around $1800 =/
Quote by tarlkea
Ah...

I'd totally throw banjo tuners on that bitch

I freakin want a DC Lola so bad
^haha! I dont really like the lolas or anything else except that mosrite rip off...which leads me into this:

if I dont get the Sheena and I get a bitchin amp, I'll prob get an Eastwood Sidejack and throw some new pickups in it.
Quote by tarlkea
Quote by Teh Forest King
^haha! I dont really like the lolas or anything else except that mosrite rip off...which leads me into this:

if I dont get the Sheena and I get a bitchin amp, I'll prob get an Eastwood Sidejack and throw some new pickups in it.

That'd probably be the best course of action.

The only reason I would say get teh first act is to get the lola
anyone else?
Quote by tarlkea
Quote by imgooley
That'd probably be the best course of action.

The only reason I would say get teh first act is to get the lola

the lola. Now my GAS is back, FOCK YOU GOOLZ!!!

TS - I voted #2 earlier, but it wasn't an easy pick. I saw a nice used Top Hat on my clist last week, was asking $800, keep your eyes open friend and don't be afraid to buy used!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.