This was my attempt I made at an acoustic ballad. I'm looking for some feedback and ideas to improve my song (both the music and the production).

http://www.myspace.com/chestnutferry
(the song 'regret' should be at the top of the player)

Detatils:
I tried some different recording methods in this song than I usually do and think I got good results. I'm using a Sennheiser e865 to record the vocals, bass, guitar, and drum samples. The drums were created in beatcraft with my custom kit. The bass was recorded with a fender precision through the 15" sub of my Gallien-Krueger rig. The guitar used was an ovation celebrity. I spent a little more time on production than I usually do and spent a good chunk of time getting levels right. Also tweaked EQ's on every track, added reverb and compression to the drums, and used BBE's sonic maximizer plugin on my vocal track.
Really good! Love the guitar and drums, singing is great, catchy beat and melody.

Only weakness that jumped out at me was the first verse or so is lyrically kind of weak. There are lines there that don't sound really very poetic at all and you show you can do better later in the song with some of the other lines.
My Gear
Epi Les Paul
Roland Microcube
Boss DS-1 pedal
Shure SM57
M-Audio Fasttrack
Best song i've ever heard on this forum.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Hey man thanks for the crit, ironically I gave your tune a listen earlier and commented above.

To be more specific about what grated in the opening its the addons like "and id think about it all the time" and the line "im feeling good when things are going so wrong" musically they just don't sound that great, and they lack any kind of subtlety to be poetic. It distracts too because the rest of the song is tight and creative with the lyrics.

Listening again I'd just add you have a really good voice and the guitar solos fit really well.
My Gear
Epi Les Paul
Roland Microcube
Boss DS-1 pedal
Shure SM57
M-Audio Fasttrack
Nice singing. And I agree with loudog, I can imagine hearing this on the radio lol. But, i use a marshall mg100, but the guitar tone I get from my songs is from a Line 6 pod studio ux2. it's just guitar hooked to that and then into the comp
wow i really love that song its got a sublime feel in a way i think. i love your voice.

i agree with everyone else i think this could be a radio hit.

im trying to think of crit but i cant lol i really like it.
John Frusciante=GOD
Anthony Kiedis=GOD
Flea=GOD
Chad Smith=GOD
Quote by Airguitarmaster
wow i really love that song its got a sublime feel in a way i think. i love your voice.

i agree with everyone else i think this could be a radio hit.

im trying to think of crit but i cant lol i really like it.

i disagree with this statement, but fully agree with your sig.