i was just wondering if there were any free programs that could take out a part in a song. like take out the lead guitar in a song so that i could play over it. anyone know of a free program that can do this?
Gear
Guitar - Schecter C-1 Classic
Amp - Crate FXT65
Pedals - Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Digitech RP350

On Backup
Guitar - Baja Mini Strat
Amp - Baja 10W
No. Every time someone asks this question, strangely enough, that doesn't get any less impossible to do.
You're*
No. You can't magically un-mix a song once it has been mixed down. You might be able to use the EQ to lower certian frequencies, but it won't be perfect.
Quote by Levi79
That is a really cool site but it's not exactly what he asked for. I will have to use that now.
Last edited by Masonpwiley at Feb 24, 2009,
Quote by Survivalism
No. Every time someone asks this question, strangely enough, that doesn't get any less impossible to do.

Psh. Impossible to do == hasn't been done yet.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

It is possible up to some level with any equalizer. You can use audacity's simple eq effects to do this. But remember, it won't be that good, I mean lets say that you want to remove the vocals from a track, if you filter it with an eq the track won't sound that good and also there'll be at least a little hum of the vocals.

Search in youtube "audacity voice remove", there were some lessons about how to do this.
Quote by Levi79

Damn...you beat me...

plus 20 for the win
ESP Eclipse Standard Series W/ PRS Santana II Pickups
PRS SE Soapbar II
Peavey 5150 120w Head
Avatar 412 Traditional Cab(v30's+G12H30's)
Malekko, Rocktron, T-Rex and MXR/Dunlop pedals
No. However there's a trick on Audacity that takes out the perfectly centred tracks... though the results are far from sexy, and not all tracks are centred therefore limiting your options.
you can take out the centered tracks by like, plugging headphones into something half-way too, hahahaha. that is a nifty trick in audacity for getting rid of vocals tho.

but ts, that's like asking me if i could fly through time or... erase pen
Quote by Bristlehead
that's like asking me if i could fly through time or... erase pen

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

im really into mixing and producing for my band and others and i can honestly tell you there is no way to perfectly do it. there might be ways that get you somewhat closer, but still theres not perfect way to do it. your best bet would be to record your own backing track, but i realize thats not easy/possible for everyone.

it would be amazing if there was a high enough consumer demand to make music come as individual tracks that your stereo would add together itself, then things like that would be possible, and there would be greater control and quality, and people with surround systems would finally get a use out of them other than for movies!!!
My Gear:
Paul Reed Smith SE Paul Allender
Laney GH100L Head
Behringer Cab
Damage Control Demonizer Distortion/Preamp
it would be cool as **** but i don't think theres such a thing buddy
Quote by insatyrguitar
im really into mixing and producing for my band and others and i can honestly tell you there is no way to perfectly do it. there might be ways that get you somewhat closer, but still theres not perfect way to do it. your best bet would be to record your own backing track, but i realize thats not easy/possible for everyone.

it would be amazing if there was a high enough consumer demand to make music come as individual tracks that your stereo would add together itself, then things like that would be possible, and there would be greater control and quality, and people with surround systems would finally get a use out of them other than for movies!!!

Dude.

Dude.

That would be amazing.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

The best you're gonna do is guitar pro with the lead muted and RSE enabled.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by SteveHouse
Eraser Pen

What is this demonry?!?!
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by SteveHouse

I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
The computer had no way of knowing what noises are made by guitar and what are made be drums or vocals, let alone which guitar has been designated "lead".
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY