Cliff Burton

I like Rob Trujillo and David Ellefson too. But Cliff is my favorite.
Let me guess, TS got into heavy metal a month ago?

My top 3.

1. Cliff Burton

2. Marco Hietala (not very skilled, but a great stage presence).

3. Justin Smith (you guys won't know who he is)
a really under rated bassist is nate mendal, from the foo fighters, he gets a lot of really kick ass fills in all their songs that are barely audioble and make the tracks hard to play, but besides him my fav is Cliff, mostly because he rocks with 4 strings (not 5-string mutt cross-breed) and he doesn't use a pick. plus his fills are actually audible. (actually the only requirements i have for being a good bassist is don't use any more than 4 strings and never slap and pop. :P
Last edited by Uber Man at Feb 25, 2009,
steve harris
geddy lee
geezer butler
Quote by LaGrange
Shouldnt have said the unspoken words of MG in the pit. Now look at what ya dun.

Quote by Mecler
A guitar made of wood?
That's such a ****ing brilliant idea!
Mickey Rourke (the Smiths)

also I forget his name but the bassist from Interpol is really good.
Quote by Uber Man
a really under rated bassist is nate mendal, from the foo fighters, he gets a lot of really kick ass fills in all their songs that are barely audioble and make the tracks hard to play, but besides him my fav is Cliff, mostly because he rocks with 4 strings (not 5-string mutt cross-breed) and he doesn't use a pick. plus his fills are actually audible. (actually the only requirements i have for being a good bassist is don't use any more than 4 strings and never slap and pop. :P

I disrespectfully disagree. 5 strings have a great advantage- economy of motion. And a good bassist has a good grounding in ALL techniques.
1. Christopher Wolstenholme
2. Victor Wooten
3. The Bassist Of Coheed And Cambria

And I agree that bassists should use their fingers and not plectrums.
Bass:
Aria Pro II SB-900 (wa)
100W Stinger Bass Amp
Last edited by mafyoo at Feb 28, 2009,
Some of my favorites:

Flea
Cliff Burton
Justin Chancellor
Geddy Lee
MarloweDK (youtube guy)
Cliff Burton
Flea
Sting
Whatever the bassist for Iron Maiden's name is. Amazing work on Run to the Hills...
Newer user, aspiring guitarist
Geddy Lee
David Ellefson
Jason Newstead
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Studio Ebony/Gold
Jackson RR5 Ivory w/Black Pinstripes
Epiphone Les Paul 100 *For Sale*
Yamaha FX370C
Marshall AVT150HX + AVT4x12