Poll: Would you use Bass Line Pups?
Poll Options
View poll results: Would you use Bass Line Pups?
Yes
22 81%
No
8 30%
Voters: 27.
yesterday i bought a used 07 american jazz bass(900 u,s$), 4 string...3 tone suburst...rosewood.............and it came with bass line pups. I am curious about what you bass guitarists feel about the guitar and more importantly the Bass Line pickups..sorry mod if i threaded outside the rulz...but dude this guitar gives me an orgasm

i also got a 100w fender rumble (4oo u.s$ )2x10 nothing special....good lil' amp though

and 2 further learning concerning the |Bass Line pickups....would u personaly use them yes or no...maybe some comments on why/or why not thanx 2 all u knowledgable bass guitarists who help me ny postong awesome threads and comments
Nice job! Basslines have a pretty good rep, I believe? Never played them, however.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Oops, I thought the question was do you use basslines pickups. I definitely would use them. They're great pickups, and relatively cheap. The only reason I don't is that all my basses (kinda by chance) have EMGs (other than my Hohner, which has EMG Selects), which are great as well. Of course, none of them have HZ's, because Basslines>EMG-HZs
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
if u dont mind;;;;kuge, what is HZ's??? is it hertz or a bitty trivial bass fact, in which i feel i'am ignorant on.....any one else, ur more than welcome.. any help is dearly appreciated!
Quote by loinmute
if u dont mind;;;;kuge, what is HZ's??? is it hertz or a bitty trivial bass fact, in which i feel i'am ignorant on.....any one else, ur more than welcome.. any help is dearly appreciated!

It's just a type of EMG called EMG-HZ.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
what is significant about the EMG hz's??
<Insert Witty Comment Here>

1981 Fender Lead I Seymour Duncan humbucker, Mesa BoogieIIIRectifer, MKIIRhodes,PRS
^They're passive
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
Basslines are awesome pickups for their price range, or overall anyway, really good for jazz/rock/hard rock from personal experience, i'd recommend them but are you sure they're seymour duncan's?
I had a Charvel 575 bass that came with Bassline's in it. very big improvement over the OEM's.

I added a j-2000 switchable preamp, and loved the passive/active choice, as well as the tonality of the pickups in either mode.
I like them a lot more than stock Fender pickups, although the bass I tried them on was a Japanese made Aerodyne so I'm not sure what the stock pickups on the US made ones are like.

After my friend replaced the bridge with a badass III and the pickups with SD Quater Pounders it sounded and felt a lot nicer.
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Last edited by faultyy at Feb 25, 2009,
Quote by Bass First
Basslines are awesome pickups for their price range, or overall anyway, really good for jazz/rock/hard rock from personal experience, i'd recommend them but are you sure they're seymour duncan's?

yea, they are seymour
<Insert Witty Comment Here>

1981 Fender Lead I Seymour Duncan humbucker, Mesa BoogieIIIRectifer, MKIIRhodes,PRS