Page 1 of 2
Wooo! Finally after so much fucking boring wasted time being unemployed I managed to hook a bakers apprenticeship.

It goes for 3 years and i get a bit over 300 a week for the first year (australian)

It's pretty good work too, and anything that I have trouble doing I have 3 years to learn.

I can handle starting at between 2 and 4 as well.

The only thing I don't really like is riding to work at that time... kinda freaks me out a little bit especially in my town. I look forward to getting my license.

Anyone else here in that profession or know anyone who is or wants to discuss it or perhaps even wants to congradulate me? Even if it is the pit...
Kerry King Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only

Quote by dehollister

and im 14 got any problems ill f*ckin drop you.

HE'LL DO IT

Quote by Kensai
Spooni_Shaq is the best UGer ever, period
Congrats
Being a baker would be sweet

Edit:except for the hours, i couldn't start at 2 EVERY morning

2nd Edit: Ever since I was 10 I've wanted to get a baking apprenteship (spelling) and own my own bakery with a witty name. And people come in ever morning and say "hey man, can I have some Cinnamon Buns??!!one1! and then i'll proceed to the oven and produce some hot Cinnamon buns. Then I charge them ridiculous prices and go home to my mansion at the end of they day.

Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Last edited by splamron at Feb 25, 2009,
You go to work between 2 and 4 PM or AM?

And congrats! 300 Australian eh? That's about 200 USD, which is really good. How many hours will you work in a week?
Apprenticeships in australia are ususally crap money but that sounds ok.
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr
Quote by I Poke Badgers
You go to work between 2 and 4 PM or AM?

And congrats! 300 Australian eh? That's about 200 USD, which is really good. How many hours will you work in a week?

AM

it's 8 hour shifts 5 days a week, with shifting weekends. So about 36 hours a week i think. When i'm fully qualified apparently i'm set to earn 48 grand a year
Kerry King Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only

Quote by dehollister

HE'LL DO IT

Quote by Kensai
My sister does graveyard shift baking for a catering company in Edmonton. She hates the shift, but yeah. Congratulations?
Quote by TheAmericanRuse
you're going to get to make some tasty treats!!

oh they are tasty and I get to eat them whenever I feel like it!

Quote by dehollister

HE'LL DO IT

Quote by Kensai
that's unreal man.
███████████████████████████████████
Man, I want to be a baker as well. I am working on trying to find a good school that I can afford. Congrats to you!
Congratulations!

Wait, you're an Australian, Apprentice, Baker who is on UG?

Tell me, is this to fund the buying of a Gibson Les Paul or equally overpriced guitar?
Quote by splamron
Being a baker would be sweet

Pun intended?
ERADICATE THIS DISEASE

Because it's killing me.
Quote by MetaMegaMagic
Congratulations!

Wait, you're an Australian, Apprentice, Baker who is on UG?

Tell me, is this to fund the buying of a Gibson Les Paul or equally overpriced guitar?

Actually after I get a car i'm looking to get a very nice acoustic guitar
The one I have now is an old small beginners guitar shameful sound.

Quote by dehollister

HE'LL DO IT

Quote by Kensai
Congratulations, I would love to sit in a bakery all day and enjoy the smells, but usually people start looking at me funny after a few minutes as I sit alone in the corner hyperventilating.
When I was working night crew at a grocery store, they used to have the Baker come in around 1 AM to 2 AM (around there). We didn't do much on night crew. Lots of pot was smoked on breaks. Good times...

Enjoy your job!
Quote by t_man700
When I was working night crew at a grocery store, they used to have the Baker come in around 1 AM to 2 AM (around there). We didn't do much on night crew. Lots of pot was smoked on breaks. Good times...

Enjoy your job!

Thats awesome dude

I will thank you

Quote by dehollister

HE'LL DO IT

Quote by Kensai
congrats! I grew up around a bakery and have fond memories of it. I never actually did any baking, but I worked the front of the store (selling the stuff) quite often. good luck.
I work in a bakery in a grocery store and it's getting tolerable. I hated it before.

I still kinda do.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
congratulations, spooni. is this your first job?

night shifts ftl.

I worked at KFC as a casual cook once but I hated it so much...

It's not necessarily night shift, more very early morning shift

The responses in this thread are very much appreciated as I was expecting things like "nobody cares gtfo"

Quote by dehollister

HE'LL DO IT

Quote by Kensai
Get back in the kitchen, not the bakery...
Oh wait you're a dude...
"What we've got here is failure to communicate..."
Quote by Spooni_Shaq
I worked at KFC as a casual cook once but I hated it so much...

It's not necessarily night shift, more very early morning shift

The responses in this thread are very much appreciated as I was expecting things like "nobody cares gtfo"

oh...you give the pit less credit than it deserves.

we are kind.
yo.

I BELIEVE
300 a week?!?!

How many hours a week do you do?

I can get paid 300 a week just by working 3 days a week at a supermarket O.o

edit: Just read up, omg, thats really bad :O
"Where's your will to be weird? " - Jim Morrison
Last edited by Steven- at Feb 25, 2009,
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz

we are kind.

I suppose it depends on the situation

Back on topic, the first day I walked in the other bakers we're blasting some metal album that I hadn't heard over the stereo, and I'm a metal fan so I was like aww yeah.
Then one of them put on his ipod and played scream aim fire, which happens to be one of my favorate songs right now, so I was awwwww yeah. Then they let me put on my ipod, so I was like . Good start to a good job I thought

Quote by dehollister

HE'LL DO IT

Quote by Kensai
im actually joining a chef's apprenticeship this upcoming fall...
"You've got to trust your instinct
And let go of regret
You've got to bet on yourself now star
'Cause that's your best bet" - 311
too bad your father isnt a baker. then you could say really dramatic things, like: "im a baker's son, and thats all ill ever be."
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by Zugunruhe
too bad your father isnt a baker. then you could say really dramatic things, like: "im a baker's son, and thats all ill ever be."

You sir, would succeed in hollywood

Quote by dehollister

HE'LL DO IT

Quote by Kensai
Quote by Steven-
300 a week?!?!

How many hours a week do you do?

I can get paid 300 a week just by working 3 days a week at a supermarket O.o

edit: Just read up, omg, thats really bad :O

Well working at a supermarket doesn't have the same security. Currently lots of big companies are laying off staff, and youngens like us would be the first to go. Plus, they're usually paid high rates as casuals/part-timers.

It's actually really good in that apprentices get recognised qualifications while being paid as opposed to going to uni or tafe (college). On top of that the 9-5 Mon-Fri work schedule makes the moolah pile up.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz

we are kind.

what is your sig from? i remember seeing it on tv but i could never catch the name. its been bugging me really bad.
and ts congrats sounds like it will be alot of fun. im thinking about going to a cullinary arts college or whatever theyre called, cooking food just seems fun to me
Quote by razorback_al_31
Thats sweet dude, where about is your bakery. Anywhere in Brissie, i might come get some pastry off ya

Victoria

Quote by dehollister

HE'LL DO IT

Quote by Kensai
Quote by crypticslaughtr
what is your sig from? i remember seeing it on tv but i could never catch the name. its been bugging me really bad.
and ts congrats sounds like it will be alot of fun. im thinking about going to a cullinary arts college or whatever theyre called, cooking food just seems fun to me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmM2RwlxGt0
yo.

I BELIEVE
being a baker mean you REALLY have to get used to being at work very early in the morning. as your product has to be done by the time everyone starts waking up.

congrats
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Page 1 of 2