Sonar is a DAW.

Did you make sure you got Sonar to rescan all of your plugins and you installed the Amplitube VST to the right folder?
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
they update every year, Sonar 8 just came out a few months ago. It's only supported VSTs natively since version 6 i think, and the VST adapter kind of sucks. Doesn't Amplitube also have a DX version? ttry that.

Last.fm
its a piece of crap that program i tried them all when u "get ur self a free copy of them " they never work right for me either i used a direct imput into my amp and it kept giving me fuzz and then in other programs with garage band my amp threw the computer worked fine
smacking bone kydd
heres an idea..BUY the software..then you get support when it doesnt work.
Take your pirating ass out of here nubb!
It should open fine in Sonar - it's also a VST Plug-in - just load the VST into Sonar on an AUDIO track... I have Sonar on my PC but I do all my recording stuff on my Mac - so much easier and fatter sounding. Also I have ZERO latency issues with my 20" G5 Imac. I use Logic 8, Garageband '09 and Cubase 4.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Quote by TheDriller
the problem is in the fact that the older version of Sonar dont support VST.

It has that adapter though, problem there is that the adapter is pretty buggy since they never fully developed it.

Last.fm
Just for the record, Sonar's help e-mail was great, they directed me to a patch I could download, and it works fine now.
To the guy who criticized me for downloading: I have rent to pay, food to buy and tuition to pay for. Trust me, I would gladly purchase this product if I had $300 to spare, but seeing as how I won't have that for the next 2 years at best, I downloaded a product that will be obsolete by the time I can afford it. Trust me, when I'm at the point where the choice isn't between software and eating for 2 weeks, I will gladly buy the next version.
is there anyone here who hasn't used a piece of Pirated Software?
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Quote by koslack
Just for the record, Sonar's help e-mail was great, they directed me to a patch I could download, and it works fine now.
To the guy who criticized me for downloading: I have rent to pay, food to buy and tuition to pay for. Trust me, I would gladly purchase this product if I had $300 to spare, but seeing as how I won't have that for the next 2 years at best, I downloaded a product that will be obsolete by the time I can afford it. Trust me, when I'm at the point where the choice isn't between software and eating for 2 weeks, I will gladly buy the next version.

By your theory, everyone who cant afford something they want, should go out and steal it! Geez..i hope you dont have kids to distill those ideas upon.
Why dont you go grow some balls and walk into your local music store and steal your favorite guitar then? You and your kind are F'n pathetic.
Quote by PsychomanZ
By your theory, everyone who cant afford something they want, should go out and steal it! Geez..i hope you dont have kids to distill those ideas upon.
Why dont you go grow some balls and walk into your local music store and steal your favorite guitar then? You and your kind are F'n pathetic.

Chill dude - if you have ever accepted a compilation cd from a mate then you are indeed guilty of the same thing............

Edit: though in thoery i do agree...
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald