Im looking to buy a new head but im stuck between a few choices. Which would be the best value?

the choices:

a) Peavey Valve King 100
b) Bugera 6262 or 6260
c) Bugera 333XL or 333
I play for these guys and girl:
CHERISHtheFIRE

I play a beautiful Schecter Damien Special FR

I use a Korg AX3000G Modeling pedal
Value probably the Bugera but the Peavey will probably be more reliable. What are you wanting to play? Metal?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
i d say the bugera 6262 if its metal...of course you need to go try it all out for yourself
Yeah it will be used for playing rock/hardcore/metal. Ive watched vids on youtube of all these heads and I love the way they all sound. The closest music store that would possibly have these to try out is 2 hours away though.
CHERISHtheFIRE

go for a 5150 or 6505...
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
Yeah at this time I dont have a bigger budget. Dont even have the money just yet for any of these Bugera or Peavey heads. I gotta sell my piece of crap Marshall first.
CHERISHtheFIRE

If you have the money, definatly go for the peavey. The Bugera's tone is not bad, but nowhere near the tone of the peavey. Yeah it's a clone, but Bugera did not succeed in copying the tone.
Here is a video of a dude comparing the two amps, and you can perfectly hear the difference in tone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CCeS3Ibbd4
If you ask me: the peavey got the balls, the bugera lacks it.

The bugera 6260 vs 333xl:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgwYbjMj2ts
If you ask me: the lead tone of the 333xl sucks big time.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
^ what he said.

or you could look at your local Craigslist. Surely they'll have some good deals.
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
Go for the 6260-6262
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
judging from all the all the MY BUGERA died threads on here...........??????
How many used Bugeras have you seen?
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by bucketmark
How many used Bugeras have you seen?

you may have answered your own question.
I'd go for the 6262...one of my friends has one and it plays amazing. Just take it in and have a tech look it over before you play it to tie up any lose ends. The one he had didn't have any problems...but it would be worth the money just to have it looked at.
id go for the 6262 out of those, but if you can find a used 5150 or 5150 II for a good price pick it up
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
Marshall JCM900 2100 SL-X
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
dude i hate to have to bag a load of peoples amps, but in my opinion a bugera is a waste of money. most of them die at least once, the components are cheap, peavey copies, the tone in general is weak and really a poor mans peavey. peavey make nice reliable amps.

what kind of sound are you trying to achieve. i really reccomend the classic 50 212. it gets really dirty, has a nice clean, and can be bought very cheaply. even a head version with a 412 would probably be more reliable than a bugera, have better clean than a 5150 or 6505, the gain is useable, it is not as noisy, and will sound better than a valveking.

just my opinion.
Quote by nido
Id go for a either a triple X or a 6505/5150 to avoid problems with bugeras reliability issues.
Try finding used to get the most out of your budget.

This ^
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater