I was looking for a guitar for me and i came up to 2 guitars. They both have their ups and downs so this is why i am making a thread.

The guitars i found are :
Ibanez S620EXFB or S470DXQM (very alike)
Schecter Hellraiser C1 FR (official floyd rose)

I found that the ibanezes pickups arent too good especially compared to the emgs on the hellraiser and 22 frets bothered me a little. Spec wise the schecter owns the ibanez by a long shot BUT BUT BUT the neck is super dooper thick. I have been playing jacksons and ibanezes soo basically wizard 2 or thinner but a schecter is a big change. Any help? Would i get use to the neck quickly if i bought the Schecter??

Thanks
i'd take the Ibanez, sure the schecter has better specs but i'd never get accustomed to that neck. Just swap out the pups in the Ibanez if you aren't happy with them.
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
You can use any guitar fast. Its that its "Easier" on a narrower fretboard. There are people that do a whole bunch on a les paul and they have fairly wide fretboards if i remember. My neck on my Ibanez has a nice curve in the back. Another person at school has theirs with a similar width but the back is actually rather flat. The curve in mine is nice because I play acoustic so its more comfortable to hook my thumb a little. Each person likes their necks for different reasons. If you think you can do it go for it. Maybe if you use a friends guitar that has a similar sized neck you can see if you can get used to it some. If you can then that opens a wide amount of selection for you then.
Thanks for the replies. Well i might have to let the schecter go.. Pretty sad because it was the hottest guitar ive seen and it has and OFR... The ibby doesnt look too bad does it :P Which one do you prefer from the ibanezes i mentioned? and umm.. would the 22 frets feel like im missing something because i always played 24 fretted guitars.
im not too sure about those in paticular but I like Ibanez a lot.
they just make great guitars (thats not to say schectors do not)
27mMoV31II7.a2
you can't find any other Ibanez with 24 fret that you like?
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
Well i do like the rgs but i was looking for a guitar with a good trem and i dont think edge 3 is the way. On top of that the edge 3 cant be changed.. soo yer the S has a good bridge
Ever considered the Ibanez PGM?
24 Frets, thin neck Rg style body.
I think the ones avaible now are..
PGM 300 = This has Floyd
PGM 301 = Fixed Bridge
PGM 100 Reissue?
PGM 401?
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX

Amp:
Ibanez TBX30R

Effects:
Dunlop Dimebag Wah
MXR Van Halen Phase
Boss Metal Core
Boss Super Chorus
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss DD7 Delay
Um i was wondering about your 350dx how is the trem on it? Does it have problems yet??

i have your same amp but 65 W nice
Quote by octavarium78
you can't find any other Ibanez with 24 fret that you like?

Yeah look into the RG models, they are 24 fret
I own both an Ibanez (with a Wizard II neck) and a Schecter Hellraiser Tempest. The Schecter necks are definitely more chunky, and I tend to use this one when I'm playing predominantly rhythm.....one thing to keep in mind with Schecter (not as much on the C-1, though) is that because of the thick necks, they do tend to neck-dive....I actually had a Scorpion (long discontinued) that I ditched because it was sooooo neck heavy, and nothing fixed it. Good luck!