What would be the better head, the carvin v3 or the line 6 spider valve.

I know the valve has a built in noise gate and a bunch more different sounds + effects while the v3 is ur regular 3 channel head. they are both 900$ shipped so which would you think is better and why.
Carvin, without a doubt.

the effects on the Line 6 are nowhere near as good as their stompboxes, so don't be fooled into thinking you're getting that quality of effects. The signal is very coloured by the digital processing it undergoes and as a result, the distortion comes out thin and lifeless.

Carvin are a great amp manufacturer and you'll be able to get seriously good sounds out of the V3. Real, raw valve power.

There really isn't an amp made yet which offers great effects with great tones, the best way to get the sounds you want is to go for a nice valve amp and pair it with outboard effects gear.
well personally from my experiences line 6 amps tend to have less tone in them. they sound really nice at low volumes and some of the effects are pretty cool but you can't really alter them and put your own settings for the effects *that i know of* but as soon as you put some power into them the tone tends to just die.

i haven't used a line 6 head yet so you'll have to look at other people about what they are like.

but thats my experiences
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way
Carvin. Awesome. If you want effects on the line 6 you can always get a pod later or you could just get some pedals.
Guitars > Pedals > Amps > Sabbath >
Carvin - no contest.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Carvin 100%
Shredder Guitar wrote:

what the hell "even my chains...."

yeah, we dont wanna hear about your sexual devices, or anything of that matter.
I play a Line 6 Vetta II and it's the best head I've ever owned! I got rid of my XXX for it and haven't looked back since. I love the versatility!
Good Ultimate-Guitar deals:
s.r.v. / Soapboxhero / dbrettw / laxduck / O00Coolzero00O / 1mmpick

Good Harmony-Central deals:

Quicksilver 689 / antiochband / KjStrat / Critter / guillatool1

Good SevenString.org deals:

Guitarmiester / TMM
Quote by creativlogic
I play a Line 6 Vetta II and it's the best head I've ever owned! I got rid of my XXX for it and haven't looked back since. I love the versatility!

The Vetta is a lot better than the spider valve no?
Quote by Tempoe
The Vetta is a lot better than the spider valve no?

The Spider Valve us supposedly the top of the line Spider... I've never actually played them... I do know that with the Spiders you really do get what you pay for. I would actually recommend to anyone that wants to go Line 6; take a look at the HD147 head or of course the Vetta II's. You're gonna be a lot happier in the end.

Plus... Go used. As long as the previous owner has taken care of the gear and sends you pics. You can't really go wrong. AND... you can find some really good Vetta I amps that have been upgraded to the v2.5 software so that it's basically a Vetta II. Just looks a little different due to the redesign. I saw a Vetta I going for $600 over on HC before... I could probably still find the guy if topic starter is interested in some help.

Guitarmiester / TMM
Never played the Carvin, and I garuntee most people who are saying no contest havnt tried the valve enough to have an adequate opinion

I own the SpiderValve, and its great.

The tones that you can get are wonderful, the distortions are not thin and lifeless...I have one of the smoothest sounding distortions I have ever played with on the SV. And the cleans you can achieve are very versatile, I have some that are very thick and full sounding, and some that are bright, clear, and with a little chorus its beautiful

Effects are mediocre, can sound really good if you dont overdo them. A little is enough in this case.

The delay however is awesome for being built into the amp. The delays are one of my favorite parts.

The reverb is allright, nothing amazing, but good nonetheless.
the distortions on the spider seem somewhat thin to me and even though it is a tube amp, it still has the digital processing and it just doesn't sound like a true monster tube amp but it just has so much to offer.

this is a really tough descion.
Quote by Gmarkey
Never played the Carvin, and I garuntee most people who are saying no contest havnt tried the valve enough to have an adequate opinion

I agree 100%.

I hear everyone saying that the distortion is thin... Luckily for me, I don't have that problem. But like almost everything, it's all personal preference...

Guitarmiester / TMM
Last edited by creativlogic at Feb 25, 2009,
Carvin.

I own a carvin v3 and it is just amazing at the tonal possibilities available with this amp. You really cant go wrong with buying this amp.