All i have are a few sweatshirts and man is it cold out here. So i'm need to buy an article of clothing which heavily protects from the cold. Should i get a leather jacket ? Or a jacket of some sort or one of those coats you get from mountaineering shops?

I need it to be all purpose and cheap preferably Links ? Ideas ?
Quote by blynd_snyper
yes we all need answers to xboys questions hurry up goddam it

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Founder And Member Of The " I Don't Masturbate Club "

TURNED 18 TODAY !!! (22/02)
Wookie costume!
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Buy steriods,Become hairy!
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
long underwear

the longest, thick too
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
...Lol where do you live? You don't get cold often do you...
Anyway, buy a proper thick jacket, something like a snowboard jacket maybe, thick, possily baggy pants, again snowboarding or skiing type recommended...
Generally, use many LAYERS of clothing, seriously, no matter what you wear, it's a good idea to wear a few layers of some clothing under it.

.....Or buy a wookie costume, your choice.
A hoody lined with fur (or fur substitute, I don't know, it's sodding warm)

They're amazing.

Or y'know
Man the **** up
just get a nice jacket, preferably thick, and waterproof. disregard waterproofness if it aint snowing and just wear layers like every one else says so.
SATCH FTW!!!
NSW Group FTW!

There's nothing incredibly interesting here.
BAAH! I wear shorts&T-shirt all year round... This isn't just because my grandparents lived on snowdon, but because I don't own any trousers!
Gear;
- B.C. Rich Warbeast Bloodbound
- B.C. Rich NT Zombie 5-String Bass
- BOSS GT-10 Multi Effects TANK!
...In other words, I'm taking a giant dump on fender owners who use pods.
Quote by decayingdave
BAAH! I wear shorts&T-shirt all year round... This isn't just because my grandparents lived on snowdon, but because I don't own any trousers!

I dare you to come here and try that
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
you know, growing a pair of testicles produces an enormous amout of heat, try that??
That, my friend, was a fail of epic proportions!

The Pit's new name:
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Gentleman's Society for the Careful Discussion of Sensitive Issues, Covering (But Not Limited To) Religion, Politics, Fruit and The Female Form.

MY GOATS WERE CRYING
Quote by khazzar
you know, growing a pair of testicles produces an enormous amout of heat, try that??

know why testicles aren't atteched to the boddy/?

cause they need to be AWAY from body heart
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Quote by Laces Out Danny
know why testicles aren't atteched to the boddy/?

cause they need to be AWAY from body heart

it was a joke buddy, lighten up
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

icy hot.

:/

sorry.

but I heard vaseline helps...at least for during swimming. Not for minus degree weather though.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Cold protection?

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Quote by Carswell98
it was a joke buddy, lighten up

In all fairness, it was an utterly pathetic joke
Quote by tushmeister
In all fairness, it was an utterly pathetic joke

granted
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

decent cold weather protection costs.

A good goretex outer plus a fleece then your regular clothes underneath is pretty much guaranteed toasty warm, but that's going to come in at £100+
Kill a camel and sit in it Once you rearrange its organs it's quite fung shuei in there.
BROCCOLIS
I ated them all.
Quote by I-Shot-Jr
Kill a camel and sit in it Once you rearrange its organs it's quite fung shuei in there.

you made me think of some naughty stuff
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Basically i was trying to get some ideas of styles of jacket that are appropriate for all occasions.
Quote by blynd_snyper

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

I just bought a Rab Neutrino Extreme jacket. Its ****ing well warm. I almost went down with heat exhaustion while blokes were shivering around me

Cost £200 though (only cost me £70 to be honest :P)
I just bought a quicksilver and dare 2b ski jacket. Looked good and felt good most importantly. We shall see how they perform !
Quote by blynd_snyper

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Leather Jackets are incredibly warm, I'd get one if you can afford it.
Hell at school I sometimes steal my female friend's leather jacket.
Thing is, she's incredibly thin, compared to most girls. And I'm a bit more built than your average male, so it's real tight, but HELL is it warm!

But when out I usually wear a regular hoody, but those furlined hoodies look incredibly toasty. Though a Winter Coat is always warm too. I usually wear one if it's real cold (can't afford a leather jacket).

I opened this thread expecting a story of how you tried to put on a cold rubber, but alas, you have no such tale.

Unless of course you have done so.
I've never been in a cold country before and always wondered...what's the 'etiquette' on hoodies/jackets/coats.

As in do you wash it after each wear? Do you have to wear a different one each day? How many days in a row is it acceptable to wear the same one? Or is it wear till it's infested with roaches, wash and repeat...

I NEED TO KNOW !!!
Quote by blynd_snyper

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Coats/jackets rarely need washing, I mean, this is my fur-lined hoody (for gloating purposes)

I wash it once a fortnight normally, unless it gets dirty in which case more often, but I only do that because I pay to use the machines here and there's always room for it, otherwise I'd consider leaving it for a month or two at a time