hey i was just wondering if there's any way to make your thread go to the top of the page again. after time your thread slides down because of new ones and people stop commenting them.
is there any way to get it back to the top whenever you want?
thanks
thus is a forum sin. thousand e-lashes to the sinner
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
Quote by octavarium78
thus is a forum sin. thousand e-lashes to the sinner

forum sin hey, i probably shouldnt do it lol. i just always get sick of people stopping commenting on my threads. sometimes they can start good convos and **** so its a bit annoying.
Quote by sum_41_1942
forum sin hey, i probably shouldnt do it lol. i just always get sick of people stopping commenting on my threads. sometimes they can start good convos and **** so its a bit annoying.

Incidentally, when they do that, it goes to the top of the page.
You're*
Quote by Survivalism
Incidentally, when they do that, it goes to the top of the page.

are you talking about when they stop commenting it goes to the top or what? im confused. im a bit of an internet forum noob as such.
Quote by sum_41_1942
are you talking about when they stop commenting it goes to the top or what? im confused. im a bit of an internet forum noob as such.

That's me being stupid and not seeing the word "stopping."

I'll just leave now.
You're*
Quote by Survivalism

That's me being stupid and not seeing the word "stopping."

I'll just leave now.

lol dude i was like WTF, they stop commenting and it goes to the top? ...the internet is strange. but yeah you not seeing the stopping makes more sense i'd reckon. so the only way to keep it there is if people keep commenting...got it
if someone posts in the thread, it will return to the top. you should only post in a thread if you have something worthwhile to say though. "bumping" threads for no good reason is frowned upon and you could get a warning for it.
from daylight...
...into darkness
Quote by divid3d
if someone posts in the thread, it will return to the top. you should only post in a thread if you have something worthwhile to say though. "bumping" threads for no good reason is frowned upon and you could get a warning for it.

k thanks dude. pity there's no ligit way to do it that isn't shunned upon.
Quote by sum_41_1942
k thanks dude. pity there's no ligit way to do it that isn't shunned upon.

There is: it's called giving and taking for example, in the Riffs & Recordings forum where people can post their recordings, users offer these people comments in their threads (making the thread bump back to the top of the forum)... in exchange for a comment on their own thread! So, they're "helping" each other by bumping each other's threads to the top of the forum...

So the only "legit" way of getting your thread back on top of the forum is to offer other people a comment, and hope that they return the favour! Of course, that doesn't work in the Pit, but you get the picture...

Also, Manda (divid3d) isn't a "dude"
Quote by sum_41_1942
then evaluate your own threads and find out why some work and others are dookies.

and look at successful threads and figure out why they continue on.
just forcing a conversation to continue is pointless.
keeping a GOOD conversation lively, is an art.
learn how to do that, or just join in the conversations other people start.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.