http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3pjnytK6Mg

can anyone reccomend me an easy song to get into this kinda stuff?
i dont even no the genre, i was gonna call it fingerpicking but that covers quite a broad range.

anywho what would be a good song to begin this kind of stuff? like some chet atkins? or are there some slow tommy emmanuel songs?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daze Of My Youth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

caution: This sig employs the use of symbolism beyond "lol bright colours=flamboyantly gay
"
anyone please?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daze Of My Youth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

caution: This sig employs the use of symbolism beyond "lol bright colours=flamboyantly gay
"
If you want to get better at fingerpicking in general all you really need to do is practice fingerpicking the songs you currently play. Just put down your pick and strum and pick everything with your fingers. Just remember not to limit yourself to your thumb and index fingers only though.

Theres nothing really special involed in learning this tbh.

Taken from the "What Songs" thread.

Alice in Chains - Don't Follow
The Beatles - Blackbird
Elliot Smith - Angeles
Elliot Smith - Son of Sam
Glen Hansard - Falling Slowly
James Taylor - Fire and Rain
Kansas - Dust in the Wind
Led Zeppelin - Bron-Y-Aur Stomp
Mason Williams - Classical Gas
REM - Everybody Hurts
Randy Rhoads - Dee
Simon and Garfunkel - Sound of Silence

Use these songs to practice if all you currently know is stumming songs. Even still you can pick notes around your chords instead of strumming to make an interesting version of songs. I'll say "Moonlight Sonata" is a good starting ground as well since the video you posted is classical. It's a nice slow pase and you can speed it up without it sounding ****. You'll use your thumb and first three fingers too.

To build up speed with it you just have to practice, play your songs faster and learn harder and harder songs to develope your technique. I'm sure there will be more than a few guides for these things on UG if you search columns and lessons.
Last edited by vowel at Feb 26, 2009,
i kinda dont just mean fingerpicking, i mean the style with the bass lines and melody kinda thing, cause i can finger pick stuff like black bird and bron yr aur stomp already
but thanks i will look for the guides and lessons
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daze Of My Youth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"