Im kinda lost at what your trying to say... What genres use 7 strings the most? Are you looking for songs that use 7 strings? Headstrong by Trapt is a good starter.
Meshuggah pwns
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
Some Dream theater songs are heavy and use 7 strings every now and then, such as In the Name of God
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic
He wants a good metal 7 string guitar, but I can't think of any other genre that uses 7-strings.
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
Quote by Soul Eater
He wants a good metal 7 string guitar, but I can't think of any other genre that uses 7-strings.

7 strings are used a lot in jazz and classical guitar playing, not just metal.
Quote by UncleCthulhu
7 strings are used a lot in jazz and classical guitar playing, not just metal.

Could you give me some examples? I've never heard of that,
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
Quote by Soul Eater
Could you give me some examples? I've never heard of that,

That's actually where they originated. Russian classical guitarists have made 7-strings for a long time. They weren't used for rock until the 80's when Steve Vai started using them, and they didn't get to the point where they could be called "popular" until the 90's when Korn picked them up.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
i meant which 7 string guitar is the best for begginers like me.. hoho..
i can't believe noone mentioned korn, it's their signature. their songs are easy as hell too
7 string Ibanez RG's aren't too bad, make sure you don't get one with a floating tremolo if you're going non-prestige though.
Last edited by BGSM at Feb 28, 2009,
Quote by BGSM
7 string Ibanez RG's aren't too bad, make sure you don't get one with a floating tremolo if you're going non-prestige though.

Apart from Rg7620's of course,

Look into the Rg7321/RG7421, Schecter C-7 models, LTD SC207 and some of the Agile septor/interceptor models for a good basis for your decision. A price range and current gear list would be useful, we could suggest a neck profile that you're more used to on 6 strings.