Page 1 of 2
What happened to music? Theres seems to be no decent bands appearing these days. what happened to the real rock n roll bands.
+ =
There's some brilliant music out there, you gotta look for it.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Led Zeppelin45
Yeah I know, all the bands round are way are some indie and mostly emo.

Yeh definately.
+ =
most of music sucks, but if you weed out the crap there is still some primo stuff. BUt the true music will always be here forever. No one really remembers music from britney spears and stuff, but Zeppelin still lives, and that just shows you how real music will never die.
Because the only bands anyone remembers from the 'good old days' are generally the good ones. There was just as much rubbish around then as there is now, but nobody remembers it, because it was rubbish.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Elvis is dead. Rock and roll really isn't the fashion these days.
Quote by neopowell
Because the only bands anyone remembers from the 'good old days' are generally the good ones. There was just as much rubbish around then as there is now, but nobody remembers it, because it was rubbish.

+1, /thread.
Actually, I am hearing less and less emo crap and more good rock. /shrug maybe its just the radio station I listen to.
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
Quote by War-Ensemble
What happened to music? Theres seems to be no decent bands appearing these days. what happened to the real rock n roll bands.

This!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyRDDOpKaLM&feature=related
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Quote by neopowell

I dont agree. At least back then there were bands trying to be original, now it seems that nobody cares about that anymore.
+ =
Get your head out of your ass. There are plenty of good bands out there, look for them.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by War-Ensemble
I dont agree. At least back then there were bands trying to be original, now it seems that nobody cares about that anymore.

People have always copied eachother. Back in the 60's, bands like Led Zeppelin and Cream just ripped off blues artists, then in the 70's people ripped off the 60's rock bands, then it kept going in a chain

It has been going on since the beginning of music. No one is or ever was revolutionary, it just depends on how well you mix up your influences
Quote by DesertEagle
Everyone should check out this band called 'Tame Impala' theyre the best new band out in my opinion sounds a lot like the doors and cream etc really cool stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkceZKRotTo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfcHq0hhFWg

Wow,dude serious,that was like a slap in the face from the 60s,and i mean that in a good way,got anymore?
I kind agot the feeling of The beatles,The Kinks And Zeppelin.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
Last edited by Nexium at Feb 25, 2009,
Quote by The Shroom420
People have always copied eachother. Back in the 60's, bands like Led Zeppelin and Cream just ripped off blues artists, then in the 70's people ripped off the 60's rock bands, then it kept going in a chain

It has been going on since the beginning of music. No one is or ever was revolutionary, it just depends on how well you mix up your influences

Yeah, i just think there is less originality to mainstream music nowadays compared to 40, 50 years ago.
+ =
Two bands started in 2001 that I enjoy a lot:

The Mars Volta ,

And The Black Keys

They are both extremely good, get Francis the Mute and Thick Freakness albums of each band respectively.
Any spelling or grammatical errors written above are because of my inferior brain to yours. Good job, you won life.
Last edited by ScottElwood at Feb 25, 2009,
Quote by War-Ensemble
Yeah, i just think there is less originality to mainstream music nowadays compared to 40, 50 years ago.

I have located the source of the problem
Check out my band Disturbed
I used to think exactly the same thing... until i started looking beter around the net.
There are plenty of decent bands around i tell ya.
Just to name a few:
Wolf (check Voodoo on youtube)
Priestess (check Lay Down)
Black Stone Cherry (check Lonely Train)

And those are just 3 bands that sound old school, in that category there are a lot more bands. plus metal, metal as a huge underground scene nowadays.

And ofcourse the old bands that still make music: Slayer, Testament, Children Of Bodom(i wouldtn't call them new; somethingwild is from 1998) , AC/DC and whatnot
Quote by HalfBlackJack
In the good old days of PS2 sony would send me out new consoles for fun!

PS2 just died for no reason? new console : )
Coffee spilt all over it? new console : )
Got pissed on in the night???? new console : )

I miss pissing on consoles : (
Quote by sglover34479
/+2thread

+3

////Fixed
Quote by KingJak236

Quote by Kensai
Good rock is there but you gotta look for it, Priestess, Airbourne, Black Stone Cherry, The Answer for example are great new bands
I like todays music. Surely I can't be the only one that enjoys rap, dance and pop?
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles
I think you've won this thread.

Quote by freedoms_stain
darthteet just scored big on the win scale.
there's some good albums coming out this year man... just look for good reviews and whatnot in your general favorite genre.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Quote by War-Ensemble
Sorry my friend, not a fan of either of those bands.

+1

Adding one more to the list, download Explosions in the Sky
Any spelling or grammatical errors written above are because of my inferior brain to yours. Good job, you won life.
Last edited by ScottElwood at Feb 25, 2009,
Audio slave said it best fella's,

The original fire has died and gone on- but the riot inside moves on.
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
Quote by AlmostLikeLife
Instead of whining about today's music, why don't people actually try to find the good stuff? Here, let me help you out...
Yes. As obvious as that sounds, I'm surprised people still moan on, and on, and on...
Underground maybe?
No rly, there still is great music, you just have to stop whining while thinking about the old days and start listening to new music.

Im realy sick of these ****ing threads..
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Quote by Fiddelers elbow
Im realy sick of these ****ing threads..

Then why are you on one then?
+ =
I think its mostly just because times are different now. Back in the 40s and 50s, kids didn't have internet, tv, or video games.... they were forced to go out and do things, read, learn to play music, play sports, converse with people. There just doesn't seem to be the level of creativity in todays music as there was back in the 60s and 70s, I mean its just a fact. Im not saying there are no good current or modern bands, but is there anybody out there now like a Stevie Wonder? Or Elton John? Or Paul McCartney? No there really isn't. The 60s and 70s just saw an immense creative burst that hasn't happened in a long time.
*Official Deadhead*

The times they are a-changin'
Quote by trey-col89
I think its mostly just because times are different now. Back in the 40s and 50s, kids didn't have internet, tv, or video games.... they were forced to go out and do things, read, learn to play music, play sports, converse with people. There just doesn't seem to be the level of creativity in todays music as there was back in the 60s and 70s, I mean its just a fact. Im not saying there are no good current or modern bands, but is there anybody out there now like a Stevie Wonder? Or Elton John? Or Paul McCartney? No there really isn't. The 60s and 70s just saw an immense creative burst that hasn't happened in a long time.

Yeh thats a good point.
+ =
Every time I read one of these threads I cry. Stop being so fucking ignorant and look for new music, the only reason you have your 'good' music is because it's tested and true and it's been around for years so people recommend it. Give some new bands a chance.
RULE BRITANNIA
Page 1 of 2