Page 1 of 2
Whats the nightlife like round your way? Glasgow offers some ok clubs, majority are very student friendly. For me its the Cathouse, a few are just too poserish for my liking.

What about where you are?
Funky

Quote by thedefrockednun
you made my day

Quote by el-ECTRO
bada bing or whatever he's called. EPIC WIN.

Mighty Blades
bristol, well it has plenty of nightclubs for people ie syndicate, thekla, panache etc etc

syndicate has a brilliant propaganda night each wednesday which is amazing

ramshackle at the 02 academy on a friday night

and also you have phuct at the bierkeller, which if your a metalhead is the place to go

area 81 which is up lawrence hill is a great place for cheap drinks, entry and just brilliant small bands too.
Paris
Quote by jonnyrotten45
of course, we start talking about pizza, and end talking about putting our dicks in various objects, god bless the pit

Quote by lee 31392
I fapped over Louis Walsh.

Metal sucks
It's crap music and the dancefloors are either overfull or empty. There are sofas in the corners where you can sit down with your mates and chill, but expect to find vomit on the floor. Always.

The bar is always full, and unless you're a hot girl, you'll have to wait forever for the bartender to come your way.

When you want to leave you'll have to stand in an infinite queue to get your coat. And it's not too uncommon you will miss the last bus home.

I hate clubbing.
People are bastards. Bastardcoated bastards with bastardfilling.
Gold Coast. Quite good.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
I'm from a town called Leigh in the northwest. We have two clubs, and quite a lot of pubs/bars. It's **** if you aren't frmo Leigh, but I love it just because I see all my friends from school and get trashed.

I'm at uni in Leeds at the mo though which has an awesome nightlife.
Cockpit's probably my favourite club. It has a few different nights on where they play different types of music, like indie/electro/rock/metal. There are also quite a few gigs on there too. Might be going watching Gojira there in a few weeks.

The Faversham's pretty good on a wednesday as its rammed full of fit girls, and the variety of music last time I went was brilliant. They played The Strokes, Nirvana, Guns N Roses, Chase & Status (a new drum n bass act), Pendulum, Prodigy, Bon Jovi, Libertines etc.

Tonight I might be going to Gatecrasher. Bit of a chavvy place, but last time there was decent music on. They played trance stuff like Castles In The Sky, a bit of house, indie, and also tehre was some Foos and Nirvana thrown in. That was a Christmas special though, so not sure if the music is that good all the time.
Last edited by adyhendrixc at Feb 25, 2009,
The main clubs aren't great in Southampton, but there's plenty of live music and plenty of variety.
Quote by adyhendrixc
I'm from a town called Leigh in the northwest. We have two clubs, and quite a lot of pubs/bars. It's **** if you aren't frmo Leigh, but I love it just because I see all my friends from school and get trashed.

I'm at uni in Leeds at the mo though which has an awesome nightlife.
Cockpit's probably my favourite club. It has a few different nights on where they play different types of music, like indie/electro/rock/metal. There are also quite a few gigs on there too. Might be going watching Gojira there in a few weeks.

The Faversham's pretty good on a wednesday as its rammed full of fit girls, and the variety of music last time I went was brilliant. They played The Strokes, Nirvana, Guns N Roses, Chase & Status (a new drum n bass act), Pendulum, Prodigy, Bon Jovi, Libertines etc.

Tonight I might be going to Gatecrasher. Bit of a chavvy place, but last time there was decent music on. They played trance stuff like Castles In The Sky, a bit of house, indie, and also tehre was some Foos and Nirvana thrown in. That was a Christmas special though, so not sure if the music is that good all the time.

Ive heard of the Cockpit, heard its an ok venue. The other clubs in Glasgow are pretty cliche, you have The Garage/Kushion/Arches/Art School and a few more. They all range in specific nights, mostly to fuel the students . The Cathouse just always caters to me and my mates needs!
Funky

Quote by thedefrockednun
you made my day

Quote by el-ECTRO

Mighty Blades
There's a few decent nights out in Edinburgh as long as you konw where to go on which day

Oh, and everyone I've ever spoken to who's been to a nigh out in the Cathouse in Glasgow says it's utter pish
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
Last edited by Random88 at Feb 25, 2009,
Cruefan, how could you forget to mention the Crown and the Hatchet for the rockers amongst us?

We've also got the Old Duke and Tantric Jazz if you like your jazz/blues/occasional funk, Mr.Wolfs for a selection of different stuff and some great live music pubs like the Fleece and the Louisiana.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
In perth we have a skanky wee nightclub, that everyone goes out to because they never ID anyone. But there's a few pubs that sometimes have bands on, which is awesome
WONGA!
Quote by StringAssassin
I would be angry too if there were turds on my head.
Quote by Random88
There's a few decent nights out in Edinburgh as long as you konw where to go on which day

Oh, and everyone I've ever spoken to who's been to a nigh out in the Cathouse in Glasgow says it's utter pish

I seem to enjoy myself whenever i go. I havent been for a while due to lack of funds but its not so bad. I think it may be because i drink a stupidly huge carry-out before goin, so my view could be slighlty hazy to the next persons

Not been out in the capitol yet, need to venture ther one day
Funky

Quote by thedefrockednun
you made my day

Quote by el-ECTRO

Mighty Blades
Fair enough, enough booze will make just about anywhere good. Except Potterrow (The Edinburgh Uni union), it's ALWAYS terrible
FALKIRK

Quote by Minkaro

Check out my Tunes
Quote by Hasok

:P
Quote by jonnyrotten45
of course, we start talking about pizza, and end talking about putting our dicks in various objects, god bless the pit

Quote by lee 31392
I fapped over Louis Walsh.

Metal sucks
Nightlife is pretty good around my area and it has alot of things for all sorts of people.

We have a couple 'alternative' bars in Southend, and then quite a few standard nightclubs. Then there is an alternative club and a venue/club in Rayleigh which is 10 minutes up the road which is where we usually go, it hosts XFM nights. There are quite a few bars and other places in Chelmsford which is about a 25 minute drive. Or if we are willing to spend abit on trainfares, we could easily head in to London, which as everyone knows has pretty much everything going on.
Quote by Random88
Fair enough, enough booze will make just about anywhere good. Except Potterrow (The Edinburgh Uni union), it's ALWAYS terrible

Cool, i'll keep that in mind! Is E'Burgh not jumpin just now with the Rugby?? Also whats with the tram system on Princess Street?!
Funky

Quote by thedefrockednun
you made my day

Quote by el-ECTRO

Mighty Blades
Aberystwyth has the most pubs per person in the UK, so I'm sorted. Its a huge nightlife for a small town of 13000 people on the west coast of Wales
Gibson SG
Ibanez RGR420ex
Marshall JTM30
Slash SW95 Crybaby
Boss DS1/DD7
Digitech Bad Monkey

Quote by bada-bing
Cool, i'll keep that in mind! Is E'Burgh not jumpin just now with the Rugby?? Also whats with the tram system on Princess Street?!

Tram system, don't ask, it's just a feckin mess
And yeah, Edinburgh gets pretty good when the eggchasing is on, there's a few pubs down Grassmarket way where they all seem to go
FALKIRK

Quote by Minkaro

Check out my Tunes
Quote by bada-bing
Whats the nightlife like round your way? Glasgow offers some ok clubs, majority are very student friendly. For me its the Cathouse, a few are just too poserish for my liking.

Lol, cathouse...

You know you love the Gayrage
Quote by bada-bing

What about the Garage? More fun than the catty by a mile!

EDIT: Beaten.
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles
I think you've won this thread.

Quote by freedoms_stain
darthteet just scored big on the win scale.
in Edinburgh, lots of pubs, annoying neddy clubs, and a lot of the good alternative clubs and bars are kinda dying.
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by Big Mac n Fries
Lol, cathouse...

You know you love the Gayrage

The good old Gayrage, never a dull moment i tell thee! I suppose it isnt so bad but i wouldnt pick to go ther if i had the choice. I frequent ABC some saturdays also
Funky

Quote by thedefrockednun
you made my day

Quote by el-ECTRO

Mighty Blades
Quote by 89cruefan
bristol, well it has plenty of nightclubs for people ie syndicate, thekla, panache etc etc

syndicate has a brilliant propaganda night each wednesday which is amazing

ramshackle at the 02 academy on a friday night

and also you have phuct at the bierkeller, which if your a metalhead is the place to go

area 81 which is up lawrence hill is a great place for cheap drinks, entry and just brilliant small bands too.

You got Oceana as well as one of the big clubs. You wanna go to the commercial rooms, the drinks there are really cheap. And Walkabout is awesome.
TRANSFORMICE

Glasgow as well... student...

yah
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by tallicafan888
You got Oceana as well as one of the big clubs. You wanna go to the commercial rooms, the drinks there are really cheap. And Walkabout is awesome.
Walkabouts and Oceanas are shit everywhere.
Quote by neopowell
Cruefan, how could you forget to mention the Crown and the Hatchet for the rockers amongst us?

We've also got the Old Duke and Tantric Jazz if you like your jazz/blues/occasional funk, Mr.Wolfs for a selection of different stuff and some great live music pubs like the Fleece and the Louisiana.

oops my bad, was early when i wrote that

ok so theres the hatchet and the crown

theres also the junction and croft up stokes croft

also the red and escape bar at the frenchay campus of uwe.

also for cheap drinks for uni students theres the walkabout on mon/tues, oceana(chav clubbin sorta thing) on mon and also the stonehouse on thurs

edit:

Quote by tallicafan888

yeh commercial rooms is brill for cheap food and drink, also the other whetherspoons near temple meads is good
bunch of grapes is also a good place
lizzard lounge and etc up park street.

if you like strip clubs there one opposite the hippodrome and also one up old market
Last edited by 89cruefan at Feb 25, 2009,
Quote by Big Mac n Fries
The Strathclyde Student Union is pretty good, as if the GUU at Glasgow Uni.

lol the old man's club?

They have arm chairs! which is awesome. but that's about it
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Haven't been out in Glasgow for a long time. The best thing about the Cathouse really is, IIRC, Alestorm are playing there soonish(tm). Pints there taste like pisswater, with a head added by having someone with anal herpes fart into it.
Quote by bada-bing
For me its the Cathouse, a few are just too poserish for my liking.

You just contradicted yourself.
Quote by AU79 XY
You just contradicted yourself.

No, i meant for me the club i like is the cathouse, a few others (clubs) are too poserish for my liking.
Funky

Quote by thedefrockednun
you made my day

Quote by el-ECTRO

Mighty Blades
Quote by meh!
lol the old man's club?

They have arm chairs! which is awesome. but that's about it

The Beer Bar on a wednesday, £1 a pint, cannae beat a bit of Olde English
Quote by Big Mac n Fries

Damn. It was that almost 10 years ago.
Kids don't know they're born, grumble, grumble.
Quote by Big Mac n Fries

Hoad the bus...*checks day*...*confirms its Wednesday*...*leaves work and runs to the Beer Bar!*
Funky

Quote by thedefrockednun
you made my day

Quote by el-ECTRO

Mighty Blades
Toronto. At night I stand in the alley at the end of my street waiting for the rats and the roaches.
Quote by bada-bing
No, i meant for me the club i like is the cathouse, a few others (clubs) are too poserish for my liking.

And I meant the Cat House is too poserish.
Page 1 of 2