It's been a very long time since I played these p'ups and I'm thinking about putting them in my BC Rich mockingbird.

What do these pickups sound like?? Could you try and use a band to describe the sound?

BTW, I have a 490t and a 490r. I don't have the 498. The 490s would be replacing BC Rich BDSM humbuckers.
keep it [the bat] in a cage, and right before your next gig starts, and your on stage and everything, bite its head off. AMD MUNCH DEM TINGS DER DOWN!!
Last edited by mockinbyrd at Feb 25, 2009,
Rusty nails covered with mud, scratching a chalkboard while 3 opera tenors take a ****!
I cannot think of one damn thing to put here.
I think they sound terrible, i'm planning on taking mine out. If i had to name a band to describe them i'd say: The Used.
nails on a chalkboard, I switched em out of my SG for 57s, they were really really bright with a super thin tone, no substance to em at all.
Rawr! I'm a dinosaur
What if I use a 490 for the bridge and a 57 classic for the neck?
keep it [the bat] in a cage, and right before your next gig starts, and your on stage and everything, bite its head off. AMD MUNCH DEM TINGS DER DOWN!!
anybody? I need to get your opinion quick. I'm taking the guitar in to get the pickups changed in a few minutes.
Why don't you replace them and see for yourself?

I used to have a 490 in my les paul neck and I hated it. Muddy, incoherent, borderline unusable.

It might work better in your guitar though. That's why it's a bit useless sometimes to ask for opinions on pickups as how they sound is highly dependent on the guitar they're going in.