Ok, so at my university (university of newcastle) we had an orientation and part of it was signing up to clubs, fraternities, unions etc. so there were the normal ones like engineering frat where they get drunk and party and stuff,

but then there were the less common ones like the medieval society, which involves role playing and jousting and the costumes and so on, the 'Goonion' which is a club for cheap drunks to discuss the advantages of goon and the bags it comes in or the anime...which may just be a front for hentai So anyway...anyone else got any weird or obscure clubs like this?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard (EMG 81/85)
Fender Strat copy
Peavey Bandit 112
Ibanez Weeping Demon WD7
Behringer OD 100 Distortion/Overdrive
Beringher FX 600 Digital Multi FX
Quote by godthatfailed22
Ok, so at my university (university of newcastle)

Pfft, wrong Newcastle, man.
I quite admired the guy's ruffle and helmet. I wonder if i joined if i'd be allowed to travel around the uni in a horse and cart :P

Goon bags do make great pillows! XD

(but yes i have the same societies as you do [UoN for the win]) XD
Last edited by Schmani at Feb 25, 2009,
My uni had a hide and seek society but I could never find them.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
I don't think we have anything that funky - http://socs.susu.org/socs

I go to circus and rock. Might go to DJsoc next year if I'm still at Soton.
Last edited by smb at Feb 25, 2009,
a friend i know at leeds is in the 'believers of love society'.
Quote by sam b

The good ol' University of Newcastle, Australia
Roy [It Crowd]: "If I did have tits, I wouldn't mind letting someone have a go on them for a ride in a helicopter"

# St. Andrews University has a Tunnocks Caramel Wafer Appreciation Society, which is one of the oldest student societies at the university and currently has over 80 members.
Last edited by aaronni at Feb 25, 2009,
Quote by sam b

I agree - Even thought we've got one in Stoke, bizzarely... That'll confuse the **** outta me when Stoke go to st. James's
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Quote by captaincrunk
You are a slave who is looking for a master, and I hope he beats you.

Quote by rmr024
Toaster ovens are fucking amazing, I don't really see where you were going with that...
We have a Tunnock's Society. Where they cellebrate every Tunnocks product form the tea-cake to the caramel wafer. The society is actually older than me.

We also have a Karl Kennedy Society (he's the doctor in Neighbors or something) here's the description from the student website:

The Karl Kennedy Club was established way back in 2006 on a fine summer’s day and since then has come to stand for all that is good in the student community of St. Andrews. The club hosts many exciting Neighbours based activities including; Neighbours pub crawls, Neighbours Pub Quizzes, trips to Edinburgh to see Alan Fletcher (a.k.a Karl Kennedy) perform, communal Neighbours watching and last year culminated in the Neighbours Masquerade Ball (endorsed by Alan Fletcher). The eagerly anticipated academic year of 2007/8 will certainly prove not be a dull one for those Neighbours fans in the Karl Kennedy Club!
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles
I think you've won this thread.

Quote by freedoms_stain
darthteet just scored big on the win scale.
Quote by darthteet
We have a Tunnock's Society. Where they cellebrate every Tunnocks product form the tea-cake to the caramel wafer. The society is actually older than me.

We also have a Karl Kennedy Society (he's the doctor in Neighbors or something) here's the description from the student website:

The Karl Kennedy Club was established way back in 2006 on a fine summer’s day and since then has come to stand for all that is good in the student community of St. Andrews. The club hosts many exciting Neighbours based activities including; Neighbours pub crawls, Neighbours Pub Quizzes, trips to Edinburgh to see Alan Fletcher (a.k.a Karl Kennedy) perform, communal Neighbours watching and last year culminated in the Neighbours Masquerade Ball (endorsed by Alan Fletcher). The eagerly anticipated academic year of 2007/8 will certainly prove not be a dull one for those Neighbours fans in the Karl Kennedy Club!

Another UGer in St Andrews!
Glasgow University Pagan Society?
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by aaronni

Why a pic of a teacake if it's a caramel wafer appreciation soc?
Quote by MightyAl
Why a pic of a teacake if it's a caramel wafer appreciation soc?

Oops! Rushed that post a bit
Quote by aaronni
Oops! Rushed that post a bit

I just hope members aren't forced to only appreciate one. They're both good.
Quote by MightyAl
I just hope members aren't forced to only appreciate one. They're both good.

Agreed, though teacakes > caramel wafers
Quote by aaronni
Agreed, though teacakes > caramel wafers

I'd have gone for caramel wafers at a push.
The fetish and bondage society.

The leader of the society lives in my friends accomodation block. Shes in her third year and is still in the uni accomodation (normally you find friends to live with in private housing 2nd/3rd year, shes yet to find anyone who wants to live with her in the next year), is incredibly fat and apparently during a fire alarm brought out a whole backpack of food with her 'just in case'
Quote by sam b

Psh, same here, lol, I was about to lay into him for going to the posh (i'm a poly)
Watching: Stranger Things
Playing: BF1, DOOM, Witcher 3
Reading: Alastair Reynolds - Chasm City
Listening: RTJ

PSN/XBL/facebook/Steam : Latchem72
Origin/Twitter: JLatchem72
Newcastle Aust > newcastle england

the ts and i are starting a metal appreication society at uni,
Quite a few of my friends play airsoft and have started the airsoft club.
We have a horde of religious clubs too (Christian, Buddhist, pagan, aithiests & relativists or something, the list goes on)
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
My school had a recent addition to their long list of clubs..

The Beatboxing Society!
There're quite a few good ones at my uni, including the 'postmodern society', whose stall at Freshers Fair was staffed by a plastic dinosaur...

There's also the Assassins Guild which is pretty cool
Ceci n'est pas une signature
S-- Hall Finer Things Club. "Exploring the finer things of Columbus." We basically go to random/sweet places downtown. Our mascot is a dolphin with a monocle and cigar and game controller and basketball. Oh, and one of those mustaches (the pointy/curly ones). We also play HORSE in our lobby and run across couches and go "ekkekkekkekk" (the dolphin call) before shooting (or sometimes the ever rare "CHREEEEE" pterodactyl call)
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....