I have a Dan Electro 7 Band EQ pedal. On my amp I have bass, mid and treble knobs. Is there a standard setting I should have them at while I'm tinkering with my pedal?
no, just set them the way you like most and than use the eq pedal to tweak it even further.
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Quote by jesse365
I think usually you keep the knobs on any amp at 5 for neutral

This is what I'd do if I use an eq.
Quote by jesse365
I think usually you keep the knobs on any amp at 5 for neutral

That's how I do it too.
it depends on what you want the EQ for. if you are leaving it on all the time, then starting with your amp at neutral is a good start. if you are using the eq for a boost or a way to change the character of your amp mid song/set/whatever, then set your amp how you like it and then use the pedal to change things up.

or you can set your amp how you like it, then use the pedal for tweaking that sound. this would mean you set your amp, then have the pedal set to neutral. you then tweak the pedal to refine your sound, instead of using the pedal as the basis for your sound.

basicly its up to you how you use it, there is no standard way to use an EQ pedal.