How do you define life experience? Is it just the length of time you have been alive, or is it the amount you have experienced and learned, or is it something else?

For instance, as I just told someone in another thread, being in college doesn't necessarily mean you know more about the real world than someone in high school, just because you're older (depending on the person of course.)

What do you think?
Something that has a profound influence on your life. Something that changes you.
VIVA LA REVOLUTION
i think the word "experience" is key. you may have been alive for 80 years but if you've lived your life in a cell away from the rest of the world, you're hardly going to have much "life experience". you may be more likely to have more life experience the older you are, but it's not a rule imo.
from daylight...
...into darkness
Experiencing things. The bigger, more important or generally more affecting those things are the 'more' life experience you've had.

meh
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
sh1t thread
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote by zimmzimmer
Maybe your Dads pissed because hes shooting blanks :P
Life experience is something you can't measure, that some people try to use to make others feel small.
I read what you wrote to the guy in the other thread..........you were right, he has no idea. That guy's "life experience" is sad. He is gonna feel like an idiot when he finally gets out into the real world.
Corey, Are You Experienced?
******A Console Cowboy****** 1
Hang around any university or college for a couple of hours and you'll quickly notice the vast majority are immature, naive and massively inexperienced at life.
Quote by smb
Hang around any university or college for a couple of hours and you'll quickly notice the vast majority are immature, naive and massively inexperienced at life.

I have tons of guys older than me come in from uni as interns at the animation studio where I work who are still living at home with their parents at 24 and are like pampered little kids, which is where my initial argument spawned in the first place.
Quote by MightyAl
Life experience is something you can't measure, that some people try to use to make others feel small.

Damn right!

I mean I've done some whacky things - I've pissed off a cliff onto my girlfriends head, I've made my bed explode when I and two friends were sitting on it, I've spent a whole week drunk and I've been in a flop-band - But I don't wear a big hat saying ''Wooo I'm Better Than You All for Some Reason'' just because I have. Infact, most people would say I'm less than adequate for doing such stupid things... Aaaah, Screw 'Em.
Gear;
- B.C. Rich Warbeast Bloodbound
- B.C. Rich NT Zombie 5-String Bass
- BOSS GT-10 Multi Effects TANK!
...In other words, I'm taking a giant dump on fender owners who use pods.
Quote by CoreysMonster

I'm sorry I can't hear you, what did you say?

Oh, no the flashbacks again!!!

*breaks stuff, throws notebook*
******A Console Cowboy****** 1
Simple.

How much you have done, seen, encountered, been forced to react or act upon, versus the opposite. Have you done more than you have not?

I know a guy around my age who has litterally done nothing with his life, he has virtually no personality, no charisma, no character. He has never been out of this town, has never went out with friends, has never had a good friend for that matter, by his own choosing. He has no life experience.
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
this kind of dicussion requires gratuitous use of cannabis and LSD
PG > YWM

oh, btw... is it bad if your pee is red?

Quote by Deliriumbassist
in scotland they call carbonated drinks 'juice' so you would say a can of juice for example. But they call poop jobbies, so their take on things doesn't count.
Quote by baumgartner
this kind of dicussion requires gratuitous use of cannabis and LSD

+1
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
Quote by mattiwillohouse
sh1t thread

This is an example of "life experience". Do not post "sh1t thread" in a thread a mod is posting in.
Experience is useless if you don't learn from it. Being old does not grant you a wealth of life experience. A life time of experience doesn't mean squat if you keep doing the same stupid things over and over.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I don't think you can be experienced in life. You can be experienced in different things such as mechanics or science or something like that.

To say you have life experience is stupid. If you took an old guy who grew up fighting a war to an old guy who lived a life as a postman one would be experienced in fighting and the other in posting letters.