What will add a deeper sound to my cab such as during a breakdown or while palm muting?

Active pick-ups?

and what can give me more sustain?
[besides a new guitar that is?]

I have a 5150 cab which speakers are soon going to be replaced with vintage 30s

think that will help at all?
Are you talking about a bassier sound, better bass response, something like reverb?

For sustain, distortion pedals add some, but look at a compressor. MXR Dyna Comp is probably the best reasonably priced option.
Fighting the good fight since 'ought-diggity.

My Gear

"When you think of it, a really good effect should not mean that your search is over; it should mean that your journey is just getting started."
a boost could give you much more sustain. something like even the digitech bad monkey would work. As for "deeper sound"

I'd say scrap the 5150 cab and get a mesa cab? Have you played around with your amp settings a lot?
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Yeah It's at the best settings it can be at for a deep sound

im thinking its te crappy sheffield speakers in the 5150

so vintage 30s wouldnt change anything?
Quote by Dannysorrow
im thinking its te crappy sheffield speakers in the 5150

so vintage 30s wouldnt change anything?

Well the sheffield's arn't THAT bad. V30's would be an upgrade for sure though.

If I were you, I would look into getting a whole new cab and selling the 5150 one.

4 V30's will cost you $580 (musicians friend price).
So for the cost of those 4 v30's you could probably get a used cab with 4 v30's in it for the same as just the speakers. Or look into genz benz g-flex it's a 2x12 that is HUGE sounding.

Also, I don't think anyone would buy the sheffield speakers, so you'd probably end up having them lying around. But I'm sure you could sell the entire cab.
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808