I'm GASing for a new guitar, which I will most likely buy from Musiciansfriend on credit/payments.

Not willing to go over $750 (American), because I don't want my monthly payments to be over $30 a month.

I play metal and hard rock mainly, and I play alot of leads, so keep that in mind. Check out my band to get an idea:
www.myspace.com/americansondown

Don't think I want to go Floyd Rose, I've had one before, and I didn't use it very much, so it wasn't really worth the money. Also, had coil taps, which are nice, but once again, didn't use them enough to make it worth the money.

Basically, a 2 humbucker guitar between $400-750. Some models I'm looking at:

Ibanez ART 300
Agile (PRS copies in particular, own an LP copy and love it)
ESP (EC models in particular)
PRS Paul Allender SE
Schecter (assorted models, especially the new Omen extreme models)
Michael Kelly (Assorted models)

Those are what I have been looking at so far. I'm looking for opinions and suggestions on models I have listed, and also models I haven't listed. Please take into consideration I will be buying from MF because of the payment option.

One last thing, my rig:
Digitech GSP 21 Pro Preamp
Mackie 800 watt Stereo Poweramp
2 4X12 Cabs

Thanks in advance,
Shawn
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
The Ibanez ART is good, as is the RG and S-Series. There are hardtail versions of the RG and S-series too so you don't have to get one with a trem. Agile makes great guitars too. I have a AL2800 baritone and its an amazing guitar for the price.
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Feb 25, 2009,
play them all, and see which one you like the best, if possible.
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
you sound like a perfect fit for a nice Ibanez RG or S guitar, or a Schecter C1 variant.
prs or esp ec-401 or 1000 if it were me
Equipment:
PRS SE custom Cherryburst
dean razorback V (green/black) currently on ebay
Digitech Death metal pedal [wanting to sell - £15]
Zoom G1X [wanting to sell - £25]
Line6 UX1 (with metal shop add on)
Well I'm not a huge fan of the color of the Paul Allender, but I have played it a couple of times at a local guitar store. I've never plugged it in, but I'm a huge fan of the neck. It played really nice.

I have a PRS Singlecut SE, which is a great guitar. I don't think you can go wrong with the PRS.
The ESPs are good guitars, they play smooth like hell. But if you want enough versatility then I suggest going with the model that has Seymour Duncans rather than the EMGs.

You should check out the Schecter C-1 Classic. I think it's in your price range. It looks good, sounds good, and feels good. The neck, however, may be a little thick for your liking.

EDIT: PRS is a great choice as well.
Thanks for the input, and keep it coming guys! I appreciate it.

I don't mind a thicker neck, and that's why I'm hesitant on the Ibby RG's, and I guess I'm not a fan of the styling either, the bodies seem pretty thin, which for some reason makes my proverbial guitar schlong go limp.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
I'd recommend some Washburns. I believe the X series and the HM series are both good (Though I think most HM's have Floyds).
Sill, check those out.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
I think I have almost narrowed my choices down to:
PRS SE Custom 24
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/PRS-SE-Custom-24-Electric-Guitar?sku=520056
ESP LTD EC-401 (White)
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-EC401-Electric-Guitar?sku=580199
Schecter C-1 Blood Moon
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Guitar-Research-C1-Blood-Moon-Electric-Guitar?sku=520219

Any opinions on these.
My main buying points will be:
Tuners, how well does the guitar hold its tuning.
Playability, how easy does the guitar play.

I think the ESP has the best pickups in the EMGs, which is currently making me lean towards that one. All 3 guitars have 24 frets, which isn't a necessity, but it is nice.

What do you guys think?
Quote by Zeppelin71
Schecter, better tuners, looks better I think for what you'll be playing, and the pickups allow for much more versatility than the EMGs.
it's all coming back

Quote by Baby Joel
Schecter, better tuners, looks better I think for what you'll be playing, and the pickups allow for much more versatility than the EMGs.

Well, I'm not looking for a ton of versatility. Basically just needing a hard rock guitar. Don't use many cleans.
I do like Schecter necks....
Quote by Zeppelin71
Quote by sjones
Thanks for the input, and keep it coming guys! I appreciate it.

I don't mind a thicker neck, and that's why I'm hesitant on the Ibby RG's, and I guess I'm not a fan of the styling either, the bodies seem pretty thin, which for some reason makes my proverbial guitar schlong go limp.

Theyve got good weight to them in my and my teachers opinions but at least give one a try you might love it.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by sjones
Well, I'm not looking for a ton of versatility. Basically just needing a hard rock guitar. Don't use many cleans.
I do like Schecter necks....

Well then the best thing I can say is that you have to check them out at the store, and then see which you like more. Good luck in the search! (And make sure when you're at the store to try out other guitars that you may like).
it's all coming back

Ibanez RG, although I've heard great and bad things about them though, so make sure you try first though.