Yeah, well I guess we did have a promise,
Cross my heart and hope to die,
And I'm staring face-down at my pillow again,
Where on Earth could my thoughs have gone to?

I've got a big 'ol gun,
I've got a big 'ol gun,
I've got a big 'ol gun,
I've got a big 'ol gun.

It'd only be a 6 hour trip, afterall,
With a stop off and transfer in Midway,
But would waste have a better definition,
Than the reciept tab on my plane ticket?

I've got a big 'ol gun,
I've got a big 'ol gun,
I've got a big 'ol gun,
I've got a big 'ol gun.

This was an old song of mine. I wrote it during my time in Basic Traning with the U.S. Army after one of my good buddies got a 'Dear John' letter.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
This is quite good, reminds of something Tom Waits might do. The first stanza was fantastic, I have no problems with it, other than I might have personally replaced the comma at the end of the third line with a '-'. The other stanza (i.e. not 'the big ol' gun' ) is pretty decent. I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to say in the last three lines, it's worded rather strangely, so I'd reword it. Unless, of course, I'm the only one who's not seeing blindingly obvious.

This was good, but I'd develop it and add more stanzas. I'd also slightly change the sentence 'I've got a big ol' gun' every time the chorus appears, maybe one word at a time, until the final time it is completely different. However, as you can probably tell, that would require more stanzas.

But yeah, overall I really like it!

C4C?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=18757715#post18757715

There was more, but personally I thought of lot of it was trash, and I condensed it down to fit the song I put it to.

And tukk04. I sound like the guy from Bush. *inserthappyface*
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER