I've finally decided which guitar is right for me, and I am going with the Ibanez JTK2. What do you guys think of it? Any pics of the one you own? Anything I should know before buying it?
Quote by Kensai
Hipster.

I have a name. It is Mitch.
To each his own. My Ibanez is an RG for sure!
LifeSucks
PeopleDie
F*ckTheWorld
LetsGetHigh
I have a JTK3 and while I'm a beginner I have to say I do like this guitar a lot better than the other guitar I have in my house...an epiphone SG starter. The sound is much cleaner and the finish quality is top notch. The sound is somewhere inbetween a humbucker and a classic fender single coil...nice tone. I play mostly classic rock and early punk and it works just right for that. i did have to pay my local shop to do a proper setup...the neck was a little misaligned and the action sort of high. they set the action real low now it plays great.

The JTK2 has coil splitters which gives you some versatility on the sound...i wanted a JTK 2 for this reason, but i couldn't find any shops that had them in stock, since they were discontinued a couple years ago. Good luck finding one. A lot of online shops are blowing out the JTK3's right now...you can get them for about $250...a great price for what you're getting IMO.

If you check out youtube there's a few videos of guys playing jet kings...just do a search.
Last edited by turbomatic at Feb 25, 2009,
The JTK2 has coil splitters which gives you some versatility on the sound...i wanted a JTK 2 for this reason, but i couldn't find any shops that had them in stock, since they were discontinued a couple years ago. Good luck finding one. A lot of online shops are blowing out the JTK3's right now...you can get them for about $250...a great price for what you're getting IMO.

If you check out youtube there's a few videos of guys playing jet kings...just do a search.

Yep, I've searched YouTube. Not much, but I asked this one guy to do a review of the JTK2, and he told me he would do it. And the only site I can find it at now is this really tiny site called Dog House Music Center. I have to get that thing quick... thankfully, it's not looking like it's going to be out of stock anytime soon. Have you seent the new JTK3s with the sound holes?
Quote by Kensai
Hipster.

I have a name. It is Mitch.
i have a JTK2. i don't have any pics. but my college has pics of me using it on stage at the last college gig (funnily enough they put a couple of them on the wall today!). It's a great sounding guitar, although the coil split tones tend to be a bit thin at times. Mine is the later version which featured an open coiled bridge humbucker.

they've been discontinued for some time though, so good luck finding one.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by gbgg9409
Have you seent the new JTK3s with the sound holes?

i've seen them on ibanez's website, but i haven't seen one in person...i haven't seen any jet kings in person except for mine that's one of the nice things about it...it looks different and they're not very common.
Jet Kings are excellent quality and you won't be dissapointed. I suggest the P90 hollowbody actually, but the JTK2 is honestly excellent.
The lesser known Ibanez guitars are incredibly underrated IMO. Jet Kings and SZRs are great.
The Jtk2 was my first electric guitar

I loved it because:
1. It had coil splits so I didn't have to choose between single coils and humuckers
2. It looked so much like a Fender Jaguar, and didn't cost 1000 dollars!
3. It is heavy and dense, making the tone noticeably heavier.

The only complaint I have is that the guitar is too "stiff"
probably because I have .11's on it but still.
I don't even shred