Hey everyone, my friend brought his floyd rose equipped guitar over, and we noticed that it doesnt pull up very high, and I noticed some kind of fabric under the end of the bridge. Its kinda blocking it from pulling up all too high, is this supposed to be here or?
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr
For the most part, yeah. But I mean underneith it.
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist

Flickr
They usually have some kinda thin 'padding' for want of a better word, so that you don't scrape the metal into the wood inside the cavity. It sounds normal to me, he's just reached the max. swing of the bridge?

Pics at all?
Cant really offer much in terms of pics. But how high can you typically pull up on a floyd?
Quote by SonOfSanguinus

---

Female guitarist

Flickr
Depends on the Floyd.

Tbh, it all sounds normal. You can't pull them up for miles and keep going. They reach a limit.
k.. thanks
Quote by SonOfSanguinus

---

Female guitarist

Flickr
Im uploading an audio file of the whammy, is this how high it normally goes?
Quote by SonOfSanguinus

---

Female guitarist

Flickr
Quote by KiraIBZ
Im uploading an audio file of the whammy, is this how high it normally goes?

Some go higher, but it has more to do with the body wood than the floyd. If the floyd is indeed touching and 'blocking' against the wood, there's not much you can do. Those that go higher, usually have deeper routing.
nothing, k thanks everyone.
Quote by SonOfSanguinus

---

Female guitarist

Flickr