Whats up UG. I am currently forming a band with my buddy. He is experienced in both singing and guitar and can either/or very, very well.

We currently are looking for an average(or better) drummer, good vocalist(if you can screamo its a plus), and lead or rhythm guitarist.

Currently it is just my buddy and I. We do not require a bassist as I will be taking that role.

If any musicians in ottawa or surrounding area like this ad, please respond!!

The type of music we are aiming for can vary depending on the group members. Anything from classic, the screamo, the metal and alternative.
Could you list a couple bands that may be influences?

And it's really cool to finally see an Ottawa musician ad here on UG...power to us!
Oh no he just divided by zero again...*gets sucked into vortex*

Originally Posted by Sirwinston89
whoa man this is turning into the Dream Theater appreciation thread!!! If only every thread kicked this much ass!

You're welcome
haha ya man! We didn't see any so we just made one lol.

Bands that influence us span a wide variety. Anything from Classical, Screamo, Punk Rock, Alternative, Metal ..alot of stuff man lol.

Bands like these influence us the most:

Avenged Sevenfold
Saosin
Underoath
Devil Wears Prada
Bullet for my Valentine
Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Led Zeppelin
The Who
Beatles
Disturbed
Rise Against
Alexisonfire
Boston
Bon Jovi

Many more bands that i cant think of at the moment but that's the general scope of music we like to play. We like songs with a bit of everything...guitar solo's, groovy bass riffs, fast paced/progressive drumming...but we also love doing basic stuff too lol. Some of the best songs out there are simple simple.
Hey there,
I'm a guitarist willing to play rhythm or lead, and I've been thinking about joining a band in Ottawa for months now. I like the majority of the bands you have as influences, and I have years of experience.

I was just wondering what area of the city you guys are in and how often you were thinking of getting together? And I guess age might be a good thing to ask about too.
Hey whats up. Nice to see you expressing interest in the band lol. We live in the West end of town. I however live in the East end of town but transportation is not a problem for either of us.

We are all between the ages of 17-18. We try to get together as much as possible. The guitarist/vocalist and myself get together regularly..Almost 4-5 times a week. We also have a drummer..He just started about a month ago (he is not THE greatest but hes taking lessons) and he is not permanent either; Just a drummer so the vocalist and I have a beat to jam too.
Hmm...this definitely intrigues me. Unfortunately I'm incredibly busy right now with a huge paper, among other things...

But I do "fit the profile" of the sort of rhythm guitarist you'd be looking for.
I am in Chelsea, so it's a little far out from the west end, unless you're in the...central west end (i guess) near the Champlain Bridge. I'm used to travelling to westboro, but it may be much right now.

It sounds good though, and I'd like to hear more about the band as it develops. Good luck!
Oh no he just divided by zero again...*gets sucked into vortex*

Originally Posted by Sirwinston89
whoa man this is turning into the Dream Theater appreciation thread!!! If only every thread kicked this much ass!

You're welcome
Thanks for the info man, but unfortunately I'm gonna have to pass on the idea. Best of luck to all of you!