thats like $350 right? Get an epiphone g-400 sg. very nice. i still use mine all the time. i got an ESP LTD EC-1000 and my sg still gets played more. theyre really versitile.
Gear:

Fender Roadhouse Strat
EC-1000 JB/'59
Fender Mark Hoppus bass
Eleven Rack
Peavey Classic 50 power amp
GK Neo 4x10
agile al 2000, les paul style its like 350 us~ but its a bloody fantastic guitar....
~Defiant~
OH noes, its just gonna be a thread full of "Buy this! Its what i bought!".

Honestly, you'll want to look at Tokai Les Paul Standard. They're selling in my local music store atm for £299. I'm gasing for one!! Hah. Just ask anyone who knows they're stuff. I've heard nothing but praise.

Epiphone are rather hit and miss tbh, some are great, some suck.

I absolutely love my Vintage V100, i dropped it down the stairs once, and it hit head stock first... Not a scratch. Awesome build and wood quality.

Hope this helps
yeah. the g400 is definately a hit, not a miss though. its got the same wood as my esp EC-1000 except the maple top. mod that out with Seymour Duncan jb/'59 and youd be set.
Gear:

Fender Roadhouse Strat
EC-1000 JB/'59
Fender Mark Hoppus bass
Eleven Rack
Peavey Classic 50 power amp
GK Neo 4x10
Aye, and some nice Grover tuners

Anything other than Gibson should have grovers installed Even a Gibson actually.
Oh Yeas! Except I didn't buy it but I do admire the quality.
Cort Z42 is 225 at guitars.co.uk its a kind of cross between LP and SG
or DEAN GUITARS EVO TEVO
or ESP LTD EC50 2TS but it doesn't have even a mahogany body
Best to try any guitar at this price range
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

ive been having a look and the tokai epiphone and vintage look like good ideas but i stumbled across an Aria PE elite? any idea if they are any good?
epi g-400 is cool. and ESP makes an sg and an LP that are great.
Quote by McShredder
OH noes, its just gonna be a thread full of "Buy this! Its what i bought!".

Honestly, you'll want to look at Tokai Les Paul Standard. They're selling in my local music store atm for £299. I'm gasing for one!! Hah. Just ask anyone who knows they're stuff. I've heard nothing but praise.

Epiphone are rather hit and miss tbh, some are great, some suck.

I absolutely love my Vintage V100, i dropped it down the stairs once, and it hit head stock first... Not a scratch. Awesome build and wood quality.

Hope this helps

hey dude, i think you will find that its the same with tokais as epi's......very sketchy with low end tokais, some are good and others just plain arent its the same with all guitars

best advice go try some there are thousands of stores in UK n your only holding yourself back relying on wot us lot have to say
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
Quote by RHCP_Nirvana_FF
ive been having a look and the tokai epiphone and vintage look like good ideas but i stumbled across an Aria PE elite? any idea if they are any good?

Did you like the feel and sound of it?

If so, woop, buy it.

Its all about whatr you like yourself.
If you like it, sure why not? Buy it if you really like it, if you still want to look around, I recommend Agile or Tokai, I've heard nothing bad about Aria guitars, so it's propably a great guitar.
Guitars

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony Finish
- Hohner Hc-06 Classical guitar

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah
Quote by paintballcrazy7
yeah. the g400 is definately a hit, not a miss though. its got the same wood as my esp EC-1000 except the maple top. mod that out with Seymour Duncan jb/'59 and youd be set.

i thought sg's weren't supposed to have tops?
Quote by Derekisoooocool
i thought sg's weren't supposed to have tops?

Well, yeah. It doesn't. That's what he's saying.