Hey guys. I want to adjust the string tension on my Ibanez Edge Pro but dont know how.

My band plays in drop C# (C# G# C# F# Bb Eb) ... I have an ESP LTD Horizon with tune-o-matic bridge and when its put to this tuning the strings feel much more tort (sp?) ... I feel like when im playing the ESP I can get much more purchase and bite from the strings when down picking.

Whereas with the Ibanez the strings flap around alot more and cant get a decent purchase or bite when downpicking .... even though its the same tuning.

Does the amount of string left at the machine head have anything to do with this? as I usually wind quite alot of string around when restringing?

Does anyone have any tips on how to make the strings tighter ?
Have you adjusted the tremolo(i think) springs in the back?
GEAR
________

Jackson RR3 w/ Dimebucker
Epiphone G400 Extreme
Marshall Mg30 Dfx (It does the job),
Kelry Sinister Strings, 10 - 52's
Dunlop Jazz III's or Dunlop purple 2.00 tortex(sharpened).
Quote by Insomniac35
Have you adjusted the tremolo(i think) springs in the back?

That'll do it. Tighten them a couple turns but go slow. You'll probably have to re-tune a few times.
and ESPs are totally better guitars IMO =D lol.
Gear:

Fender Roadhouse Strat
EC-1000 JB/'59
Fender Mark Hoppus bass
Eleven Rack
Peavey Classic 50 power amp
GK Neo 4x10
Quote by SuicideMessiah
Hey guys. I want to adjust the string tension on my Ibanez Edge Pro but dont know how.

My band plays in drop C# (C# G# C# F# Bb Eb) ... I have an ESP LTD Horizon with tune-o-matic bridge and when its put to this tuning the strings feel much more tort (sp?) ... I feel like when im playing the ESP I can get much more purchase and bite from the strings when down picking.

Whereas with the Ibanez the strings flap around alot more and cant get a decent purchase or bite when downpicking .... even though its the same tuning.

Does the amount of string left at the machine head have anything to do with this? as I usually wind quite alot of string around when restringing?

Does anyone have any tips on how to make the strings tighter ?

Use heavier strings, there's nothing else you can do. There's no way to "make strings tighter", the pitch is what dictates the tension - if you want to tone low then you're lowering the tension.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Yep, heavier strings. Though you will have to adjust your edge on the Ibanez when you put on heavier strings.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Ive got gauge 11's on it just now. If I turn the screws in, in the back of the guitar, surely it will just recess the trem into the cavity? Ive already got it perfectly parallel just now mhmmm
Quote by SuicideMessiah
Ive got gauge 11's on it just now. If I turn the screws in, in the back of the guitar, surely it will just recess the trem into the cavity? Ive already got it perfectly parallel just now mhmmm

Exactly, it'll offset your bridge - and increasing string tension to level it back out increases the pitch, there's no way around it.

If you're using 11's then put some 12's or 13's on it
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com