I just purchased a BC Rich Jr. V with a floyd Rose.

Now I'm no stranger to FLs since I have one on my Jackson (which I love), but this one seems to be POOP.

LITERAL POOP.

I say this because when I do dive bombs, squealies, etc, right about at mid-pull on the whammy bar, theres a metal scraping sound under the bridge. I opened the back and looked as I pulled the whammy, and realized that the middle spring loop which connects the spring to the spring claw hook which is screwed into the guitar's body will move when I push down on the floyd rose. To me, it seems as if that spring is too big, HOWEVER, the floyd rose itself is depressed into the body, so I obviously need to loosen the tension. The screws which hold that spring claw hook which hold the springs is about 3 inches away from the body, and on my jackson it's literally an inch at most. If I loosen them anymore, they will most likely fall out of the holes. I don't know what I should do. I will get pictures up asap.

tl;dr =

Floyd rose is submerged into the body, so the floyd is at an angle. I obviously need to loosen the screws on the inside so it will level itself out. I can't level it out because if I loosen the screws anymore, the spring claw hook will fall out.

ALSO

The spring size is seemingly wrong...maybe BC rich just put in the wrong springs? It seems to me that whoever built the guitar was high, drunk, or both. It seems as if the floyd was just put on by an 8 year old.
how many springs are in there?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com

the two side ones seem fine, but the middle one will literally move. I think it's because it's longer than the other two.

I need to find a screwdriver. My roommate just left with the only one that is the right size that I need, so I can't post pictures until I find one.
Take the middle one out then
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
take the middle one out. after that you will most likely need to tighten the screws to make up for the loss in tension.
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Quote by f22master
take the middle one out. after that you will most likely need to tighten the screws to make up for the loss in tension.

But if I take that one out, and then tighten the other two, do you think the floyd will be parallel to the body, or still crooked and angled down?
if you adjust it right it will sit parallel.

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
I took out the spring, but I will need to tighten the others a lot to regain the tension that I need...would it be dangerous to put that much tension on only two springs?
no. not really.

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B