Hey. I'm looking for more bands like Job For A Cowboy, A Different Breed of Killer, and Whitechapel to listen to. Any suggestions?
Search deathcore on youtube.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
any Deathcore band.

Circle of dead children...

*runs and hides*

EDIT: this thread is sort of legit, right, as I think deathcore IS allowed in the forums?

but it belongs in the rec thread no matter what band...
yeah, deathcore is somewhat allowed. and they're trying to be death metal now anyways.

shameful as it is to some i'm sure, i enjoy them, lol

to answer the original question try despised icon, ion dissonance, the faceless, and the red chord. that's about as much deathcore as i can stand, all are amazing though, you should definitely give them a listen.

Quote by wilty00
Aren't you kind of scared walking around in the dark with a carniverous loon on the loose?
Last edited by GnikNus at Feb 25, 2009,
Ugh.

Not only should you be in the Metal Recommendations thread, but Deathcore is so pathetic that you should kill yourself. Possibly start drawing up suicide blueprints, because if you listen to this garbage, it's a must. Someone lock this?
Quote by fallenangel20
These guys sound exactly like what you're looking for.

Quote by unfathomable_bo
Not found what you're looking for?

So called "Deathcore"

The rules on this forum are strict enough already without us mods having to close Waking the Cadaver, Suicide Silence and numerous other band threads, these bands are more than welcome here, in fact I'd encourage some open-mindedness amongst you lot

Although, I don't think this kind of music should be allowed in the metal forum, it just doesn't seem like real death metal to me, at all
G3AR:

-Jackson DkMG Dinky
-VoX valvetronics AD30
-Marshall JCM2000 triple super lead
-black beauties
Quote by weplay_jacksons
Although, I don't think this kind of music should be allowed in the metal forum, it just doesn't seem like real death metal to me, at all

thats BS, if metalcore isn't allowed then deathcore definitely should not, lamb of god are more metal than these damn poser bands
Quote by phili666
thats BS, if metalcore isn't allowed then deathcore definitely should not, lamb of god are more metal than these damn poser bands

lol mosdef
G3AR:

-Jackson DkMG Dinky
-VoX valvetronics AD30
-Marshall JCM2000 triple super lead
-black beauties
, i'm far from deathcore/metalcore/corecore's biggest fan but the constant hate every single band involved with such genres receives is getting a bit old

edit: and once again, jfac is no longer deathcore. death metal, not the most original attempt, but definitely death metal

Quote by wilty00
Aren't you kind of scared walking around in the dark with a carniverous loon on the loose?
Last edited by GnikNus at Feb 25, 2009,
Quote by phili666

+2

Search for new Cryptopsy

And no, Job For A Cowbody is most definately still deathcore.

And Whitechapel just absolutley suck. Nothing original at all about them.
Quote by The Philosopher
+2

Search for new Cryptopsy

And no, Job For A Cowbody is most definately still deathcore.

And Whitechapel just absolutley suck. Nothing original at all about them.

new cryptopsy and whitechapel are definitely nothing i'd listen to

what makes new jfac deathcore? just curious, since there's no breakdowns/brees/highs at all/etc.

Quote by wilty00
Entire thread is made of fail.
Fuck you people are ignorant. 95% of you would praise this shit as the next step in metal's evolution if it didn't have core tacked at the end and Hot Topic didn't sell Suicide Silence shirts.
So sick of all you gr1mer than thou kids bagging out deathcore. "It's not death metal!", "It's not metal!", "It's gay 'cause it has breakdowns!". Jesus christ, get some context and get a clue. Just because you don't like the fact that stretchers and skinny jeans are tied in with a genre doesn't mean that genre's musical merit fails. Yes, deathcore is a trend, but if it wasn't for the trend, you people wouldn't even bat an eyebrow at a thread like this.

Fucking hypocritical retards. Doesn't help that UG's rules can't even make up their mind. If you want deathcore in the metal forum, then take all the deathcore, if you want it in the hardcore forum, GET IT ALL OUT. Get the Faceless, All Shall Perish and BTBAM out of the metal forum. Stop all this bandwagon, petty minded bullshit and try listening to music instead of condemning it for being unmetal just 'cause a few 14 year old scene kids listen to Whitechapel. 80% of you wouldn't even know what Hardcore is if it spin kicked you in the face.

Jesus christ.
Last edited by Magero at Feb 25, 2009,
Quote by Magero
Entire thread is made of fail.
Fuck you people are ignorant. 95% of you would praise this shit as the next step in metal's evolution if it didn't have core tacked at the end and Hot Topic didn't sell Suicide Silence shirts.
So sick of all you gr1mer than thou kids bagging out deathcore. "It's not death metal!", "It's not metal!", "It's gay 'cause it has breakdowns!". Jesus christ, get some context and get a clue. Just because you don't like the fact that stretchers and skinny jeans are tied in with a genre doesn't mean that genre's musical merit fails. Yes, deathcore is a trend, but if it wasn't for the trend, you people wouldn't even bat an eyebrow at a thread like this.

Fucking hypocritical retards. Doesn't help that UG's rules can't even make up their mind. If you want deathcore in the metal forum, then take all the deathcore, if you want it in the hardcore forum, GET IT ALL OUT. Get the Faceless, All Shall Perish and BTBAM out of the metal forum. Stop all this bandwagon, petty minded bullshit and try listening to music instead of condemning it for being unmetal just 'cause a few 14 year old scene kids listen to Whitechapel. 80% of you wouldn't even know what Hardcore is if it spin kicked you in the face.

Jesus christ.

Faceless are meh to me, All Shall Perish had a good intro on Awaken the Dreamers, but the breakdown was just meh and the singing was just no, not bad singing, just no in the context of the song, and BTBAM have good instrumentation for the most part, but I despise the vocalist. Just not a big fan of it, so whatever.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Exscuse me, Mr. Magero, may I speak?

Yes, I agree with you on the whole bandwagon thing, but Deathcore is, obviously, a mixture of death metal and hardcore, so the fights on whether it's metal or not will go on endlessly, there's no stopping them.

Sorry for stating the obvious, now don't kill me...
Jack, I know this makes me sound defensive, but even if deathcore hadn't had the "core" ending, I would still take it as it is: a genre that is collapsing in on itself from generic riffing and blatant ripping-off.

Anywaiz...
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
The only hardcore element is the breakdowns. That's it. As Mike from the Red Chord said. "Deathcore is mostly a combination of whatever kids are calling hardcore these days and Suffocation riffs that are rarely executed with the same finesse."
I despise the Red Chord, sorry, I just cannot stand that band. I'm sure the guys are cool (saw them on tour last year), but I just hate their music.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by The Virtuoso
I despise the Red Chord, sorry, I just cannot stand that band. I'm sure the guys are cool (saw them on tour last year), but I just hate their music.

Opinion is opinion. You don't like them. That's no problem by me. I'm just stating what I thought was a good, related point.
Quote by Slaytanic1993
Jack, I know this makes me sound defensive, but even if deathcore hadn't had the "core" ending, I would still take it as it is: a genre that is collapsing in on itself from generic riffing and blatant ripping-off.

Anywaiz...

Yes, but 90% of genres suffer from this. Black metal, death metal, thrash metal, heavy metal, progressive metal, etc. There are always bands who steal, copy, rip off and whatever else. The thing that annoys me is that the same people who make fun of deathcore for all sounding the same, are often the people who will go and fellate 30 Immortal, or Immolation clones. It's the hypocrisy that pisses me off more than anything else.
Quote by Magero
Suffocation riffs that are rarely executed with the same finesse."

That's extremely egotistic of him.

^ I'm sorry, but seeing as the first deathcore bands were pretty much ripoff bands, I can't help but call deathcore the biggest ripping-genre I've ever heard. I've only found maybe one or two bands that sound even somewhat different to what I expected.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Last edited by Slaytanic1993 at Feb 25, 2009,
Fuck you guys, The Red Chord pwn!

And some Deathcore bands should be allowed in this forum, i despise Suicide Silence and Waking whatever the fuck its called, but some Deathcore bands are actually good, even though you guys will not listen to them because of the -core ending.

And FYI, JFAC, not Deathcore anymore, get over it.