What do you mean you wonder if it's true?? they have the proof right there in the article
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
Are you kidding me? Cobain wouldn't have ripped anyone off. Period. If you haven't figured it out, he was obviously too enthriced with his own sound to pull off of anyone elses ****. That song hardly sounds like it. A tad bit, but not really, less notes on that main riff.
Shit happens
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
would that be advertising in your signature?
considering your joined this month.

not saying it is, but since your new its always best to check..
Fender Special Edition Custom Telecaster FMT HH in Crimson Red
Reverend Sensei HB FM in Tobacco Burst
Fender Vintage C Neck, HH, Surf Green Nitrocellulose (Handmade)

Egnater Rebel-30 MKI Head
Egnater Tourmaster Series 412B 280W 4x12 Cabinet
Quote by humperdunk
What do you mean you wonder if it's true?? they have the proof right there in the article

Well, it doesn't sound like a complete ripoff. Less so than Coldplay, lol. It probably had some "borrowing" but it's a totally different mood that it conveys. I say no, at least not fully.

The Jay-Z one was just stupid, it's a sample of a flute melody. Duh.

The Led Zeppelin one I'd heard before, I think it's pretty blatant, and the Green Day one is just funny, cuz they write such stupidly simple songs it's probably been written 20 times before, but this one is so damn close!

Dunlop 535Q Wah, Ibanez TS-9, EHX LBM
Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25
MXR 6-band EQ, Boss NS-2, Boss PS-5, MXR Phase 90, MXR Carbon Copy

GAS: Micro POG

Quote by Zugunruhe
this was the funniest thing ive seen in the pit for weeks.

^about me
Last edited by Cutlass_253 at Feb 25, 2009,
Quote by Aurigo
would that be advertising in your signature?
considering your joined this month.

not saying it is, but since your new its always best to check..

join date feb 2008.......
Quote by jonnyrotten45
of course, we start talking about pizza, and end talking about putting our dicks in various objects, god bless the pit

Quote by lee 31392
I fapped over Louis Walsh.

Metal sucks
Barely sounds like it. Maybe the same notes in a couple spots, but nothing like it.
Quote by B.do
join date feb 2008.......

Lol, what a douche. It doesn't even look like advertising.

Dunlop 535Q Wah, Ibanez TS-9, EHX LBM
Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25
MXR 6-band EQ, Boss NS-2, Boss PS-5, MXR Phase 90, MXR Carbon Copy

GAS: Micro POG

Quote by Zugunruhe
this was the funniest thing ive seen in the pit for weeks.

^about me
Nope, the Nirvana version is alot different .
This is just coincidence , there are only so many riffs you can play on a guitar, and some bands are bound to make up the same ones or riffs that just sound alike.
So just like 80% of other cases this isnt a ripoff
kthxbai.
Quote by OMGWTFBBQ?
Nope, the Nirvana version is alot different .
This is just coincidence , there are only so many riffs you can play on a guitar, and some bands are bound to make up the same ones or riffs that just sound alike.
So just like 80% of other cases this isnt a ripoff

This, what about the similarity of In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida and Sunshine of your Love? I highly doubt anyone would say that was a ripoff.

One more thing: Killing Joke are ****ing nuts!!!!! They fled to Iceland to await the apocalypse for crying out loud!!!
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Are you kidding me? Cobain wouldn't have ripped anyone off. Period. If you haven't figured it out, he was obviously too enthriced with his own sound to pull off of anyone elses ****. That song hardly sounds like it. A tad bit, but not really, less notes on that main riff.

Actually he did admit to stealing Boston's more then a feeling for teen spirit which is why nirvana pumped you up for Teen Spirit and then Kurt sang Boston. I find it hilarious.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Quote by \m/Angus\m/

They admitted to ripping the Pixies off.

In-fact, he admitted to ripping a few people off.
The Green Day video in that article is hilariously absurd. They actually think Green Day deliberately stole THAT song? Come on, now...