i made a thread a day or two ago about some problems intonating. i fixed my initial problem, but now i'm stuck at another one...all my strings should be perfectly intonated (12th fret matches 12th fret harmonic on each string), but when i play on frets 1-7/9 (depending on the string) it's sharp, sharp enough to make open chords sound like crap. i don't know if this is related, but since getting the guitar back from a tech, i've been getting a LOT of buzzing, and i'm thinking this might all go back to a truss rod or bridge problem. of course, that may not be the case, and if it's not, is there way to fix the annoyance of the intonation problem?

Edit: also, i friend of mine said that i might need to get the nut replace because they slots aren't cut low enough. i'm really hoping that's not the case.
Last edited by Renga488 at Feb 25, 2009,
have i helped you yet?

what type of guitar?

did you measure the neck relief?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
yea, it was you who helped. i took your advice and flipped the saddles on the strings, and everything was great at the 12th fret. i did forget to mention that my neck definitely needs to ease up on the relief, though it's not in a back bow, it's pretty much dead flat. also, it's a LP-style

http://www.heritageguitar.com/models/H157.htm <---
give yourself a little neck relief. 1/4 turn counter clockwise.

dont force the turn and let the guitar sit in tune tonight.

see if it plays a little better after.

as for the funky intonation along the board. i think maybe there are some high frets?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

ok, thanks for the help.

i did some research on the intonation thing, and i was told either filing down the nut VERY slightly or cutting the grooves a little lower could help, but, i'd have a tech do that for me...
didnt you have the nut shimmed already?

if you start removing shims then the buzzing will start all over again.

it's almost like, you've had this problem from the start.

do you keep going to the same tech? because that might be the problem.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62